NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

We had 2.51 inches here through this morning. 20 miles NE at Pretty Prairie they had 5. I'm hearing Cheney Lake is up 9 inches already and that they are expecting at least 2 feet of water. We've been seeing several pairs of quail on the area, hope this doesn't hurt, but helps! Good to hear Maynard!

Good deal.

I have been seeing a few pair of quail.

"Go and be fruitful", is my blessing to them.

With this rain my total for 2013 is 3.80"

C'mon good rain!!!!! SW looks to get some!!!! The more the merrier!!!:thumbsup:

We had right at 8" Thursday and Friday. 4+ in 45 minutes Friday. Lost a 17 year old playing in a storm drain. Wish Dodge could of had half our rain.

C'mon good rain!!!!! SW looks to get some!!!! The more the merrier!!!:thumbsup:

Bleu, we watching the same game here? :)Clear as a bell here, but I see what you are talking about. Wow, big system moving through Elkhart to Lakin and beyond.

Last edited:
We had right at 8" Thursday and Friday. 4+ in 45 minutes Friday. Lost a 17 year old playing in a storm drain. Wish Dodge could of had half our rain.

Sorry to hear about the 17 year old.

As far as the rain goes, I would gladly accept half. Up to 3.80" for the year from rain and snow.

Praise the Lord for the rain! Received 2.55", bringing my year to date to 6.35"

I had 1.5 on my farm 23 miles east of Garden City. That's the biggest rain at one time in 2 years for it.

Maynard was dancin' all night!!!! Hope it keeps cool and wet and when I mean cool , I mean NO 100 degree days for a while!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have been hopeful this spring over the previous two. This spring there has not been as much heat and there has been morning dew, where the previous there was no dew. It just felt different and I was hoping it would truly be different. Still a long ways to recovery, but it sure feels good to plow mud for a day and see some water standing in the draws.

Back