NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

Look at the southern branch of the subtropical jet near Baja California. That moisture trails goes all the way back south of Hawaii. That abundant moisture is feeding into the southern plains. We did not get the southern branch moisture train at all last year.
http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype...collection=localwxforecast&presname=undefined

If this southern branch continues this winter and spring, the winter wheat will grow healthy and green, that will benefit the pheasants with nutrients for egg laying and an ocean of green for nesting cover. Predators will have a hard time finding a pheasant nest in an ocean of green wheat.

we had 85 points in town and a whole inch outside of town hell yea now if it was the white stuff things would look alot better

I am so glad to see this! I get excited to see this one come back up just for the news. Thank God for the rain! Amen.

Nothing yet. Had maybe an inch of blowing snow. Cold and dry at moment.

Thanks for asking.

Lots of the White stuff on the ground!!! Not as much wind!!! 6-7 inches so far!! Hope the wind stays away for a week or so, so the snow has a chance to harden up before blowing away!!!!! Maynard, how much did you get???? Gonna have to put the LPC on the back burner until next year!!! We both will get one!!!:cheers:

Five inches at the ranch laying pretty level.

I hope there will be a season on LPC next year, but don't know.

rain today in KS!!

Here is the radar pic as of 5:30 am today!

rain.JPG

What a pretty sight!

Mike C.

Back