NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

I have been enjoying the cooler weather, but still waiting on moisture.

I did see three roosters in a ditch on my travels this morning.

I hope you will post a guard for the three roosters, we don't want anybody to get any crazy ideas if they see them. Sure hope you get some good moisture soon!

Harvest wise, most of the corn has been cut, some milo cut, many of the beans being harvested now. Most everything early this year.

KB,

Back at the computer now. They were this year's crop, I would guess because of the way they were acting, which was really goofy in an old dead tree. Full color as far as I could tell.

So what you are saying is they will brown up nice then?

I just heard a rooster cackle and a doe run thru the lot here at the ponderosa. All is not lost in the drought.

Beans are out and wheat is going in (by me this time around).

Byrd, should I save a seat for you at the UGUIDE/UPH table in MN at this years Pheasant Fest?

Would love to make the Pheasant Fest again, but hard to tell. Thanks for saving me a spot at the last. I enjoyed the time together.

Have a great season!

So what you are saying is they will brown up nice then?

I just heard a rooster cackle and a doe run thru the lot here at the ponderosa. All is not lost in the drought.

Beans are out and wheat is going in (by me this time around).

Byrd, should I save a seat for you at the UGUIDE/UPH table in MN at this years Pheasant Fest?

Chris, I think Mr. Byrd and I should join you this year. Heck, I am retired (that means I cannot find a job worth taking) and Maynard is loaded.

This could mean a "lifetime" suspension for hunting at the Ponderosa.

Even I am suspended from hunting the Ponderosa. It is sure quiet here without the pheasant and quail calls. The only thing roaming today was this arthropod that really didn't want to stop and pose.

IMG_7568_zps3d444be2.jpg

Last edited:
BB, would be the highlight of my year to host you two at our table. Maybe we could even get webguy to come since he lives right in town anyway:)

Chris, maybe you could tutor Maynard on the "Rain Dance" so he can get some moisture out at the Ponderosa. It would be real nice to sit at your table Chris, I hope I can make it up there this year and thanks for the kind words.

Back