NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

Maynard, it just breaks my heart to see you and your neighbors suffer like you have recently with this drought. I pray for rain each and every day! I wish you all the best and hope for some good moisture very soon.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Nothing a guy can do but ride it out. I know there will be a better day and better times and this drought will be one to tell the grandchildren about.

What Bilbo said goes for me too. The way you are handling it is really about all that you can do, and I know that so many are having a drought now, but I still admire your grace in accepting it. Takes a lot of courage and faith to wait patiently for a better time, and I am sure it is difficult to watch things wither away. I pray rain will come soon. I read this forum every day watching for news of rain for you folks, and the critters there.

We managed a couple of showers yesterday. Perhaps the GPS coordinates you're using in your prayers are off a bit:rolleyes:

In all seriousness Maynard, I do hope you start getting some rain soon!!

Here is the CRP grass today-

IMG_6672.jpg

IMG_6671.jpg

I was watching the weather channel this morning and hoping ya got some rain, becayse it looked as if you might be getting some. Still no? Still praying for you to get some good rains.

Prayin for some rain for you guys soon! If it helps, we were far worse last year down here in Texas and this year, for the first time since I can remember, ou lakes are 3-4' over and we don't have very many water restrictions. It can turn around quick, I just hope it happens soon. For the bird numbers and more importantly the farmers.

Watching the radar and waiting. Hope to get some from this system. Actually today felt somewhat like a September day and it gives me hope that relief is coming.

Maynard, are you getting any rain from the storm? Sure hope so!

None yet. Possible Monday night through Wednesday.

I have been gone some, but hired man said the ranch received 1.80" on August 25th. I was sure glad to get that. Lots of dead trees from this two year drought.

Back