Look out Kansas...

Yes, it was like 58 yesterday! Finally found a covey of quail, Lady pointed it and I took one bird off the rise. Couldn't find it so we had to go back to the truck to get JP and it still took him around 15 minutes to recover it.

George, it's a 28ga Ringneck. Ask JonnyB how it does on roosters, he's seen me drop a few limits with it.

View attachment 7880

View attachment 7881

George, it's a 28ga Ringneck. Ask JonnyB how it does on roosters, he's seen me drop a few limits with it.

I've been looking at a couple of those 28 ga. Ringneck's online. They made some with 26" barrels and that's what I would want. It appears that the Sharptail that is replacing the Ringneck only comes with 28" tubes. Any idea what your gun weighs?

I believe the sharptail 28ga with 28" barrels is just a tad yonder 6 lbs. I believe the sharptail is a better version of thbe ringneck.

I've been looking at a couple of those 28 ga. Ringneck's online. They made some with 26" barrels and that's what I would want. It appears that the Sharptail that is replacing the Ringneck only comes with 28" tubes. Any idea what your gun weighs?

It has 26" barrels and weighs just over 5.5lbs.

I believe the sharptail 28ga with 28" barrels is just a tad yonder 6 lbs. I believe the sharptail is a better version of thbe ringneck.

That might be but I want 26" barrels and I prefer the POW grip on the Ringneck.

What a great day we had. We moved four covies in about four hours of hunting, I shot a double on a rise, and Lady finished the day with an awesome find and her first retrieve in a huge plum thicket! I could've easily shot a limit today if I shot any singles but with the weather I made a plan to only shoot covey rises and I stuck to it.

My double.

View attachment 7896

View attachment 7897

View attachment 7898

View attachment 7899

Sounds great Robert! Glad you got Lady into plenty of birds! Every young dog needs that kind of experience. This weather can moderate any time!

Thanks for sharing Robert. Great pics too- i need to be better about taking the time for pictures. When are you heading back?

I made it home late last night. I want to thank everyone who gave me tips and thank Kansas for a great trip. My license is good until next December so maybe I'll be back.

View attachment 7925

Back