Look out Kansas...

quail hound

The hounds are a comin'! Kansas has never seen mutts like these before I guarantee, an arthritic springer, a green setter, and their bird crazy handler/ truck driver man.:p

View attachment 7865

Last edited:
Got into Kansas a little later than expected. Just enough time to air the dogs out a little around the Cimarron river. Probably should've booted the pup up. No birds yet but what a beautiful day.

View attachment 7872

Well we spent slot of time looking at walk in land today. Everywhere we actually hunted we saw birds. I guess my barrels got bent on the drive out because I missed two chip shots on roosters. Haven't found a covey yet, or really saw any walk in with quail cover yet but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

View attachment 7875

Where did you get your Huglu at? When I was in turkey I bought a nice little 20ga o/u with 26 inch tubes that I upland hunt with. Second time I went back I bought a sxs same gauge and barrel length. Ended up selling it to a friend. Wish I'd kept it!

I think Huglu and CZ are the same gun. Never heard of CZ until years after I got back.

Back