Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

Thank you for your comments about Gus. I am proud of him, but I may have set him back badly this afternoon.

He will be almost 9 months when we head to Kansas for phez in late November; just this pm I managed to book the house I have stayed in before for the last week in November and was very excited about that.

I had Gus in the yard doing a little work, put him on sit/stay and sat down beside him and begin explaining about these big ol CRP patches, long expanses of grasses, and huge cakkling birds that flush from under your feet with a burst of energy and terrible racket. The more I talked the more he started to tremble, shake, and quiver. Suddenly he flipped over on his back, his eyes rolled back in his head and he peed all over himself!

I don't know if either of us can take the strain until November!!!!:D

BobM

Lol Bob. Hes gonna' have one hell of a dream tonight.:D

My last springer Kip on a mid 90s Maine hunt.
JohnDog1.jpg

shadow - for the opener it will just be my male. so much going on that first weekend she'll only be 6 months. i'm introducing her to live birds (chukar) tomorrow so we'll see how she does. she's already conditioned to the gun, loves water and minds real well.

don't blame you- with a pup- I took a chance on the opener- one pup with one adult for an hour- just me- limited shooting- more concerned with the pup you know- then the other pup and adult- worked quite well so I continued that way thru the season

if I can get the now race monsters to settle down I figure to hunt all four

that water- wow

Here is my Setter playing in the snow last winter, he is a small cover type with lots of Grouse Ridge line. That beutiful setter tail is there, he has it swung behind him.
wknzf8.jpg

Nice looking dog; brings back many memories. I followed a pair of setters and my Dad every weekend of the quail season as a lad.

That was back when Arkansawyers knew what a wild quail was. They are not around much anymore.

BobM

Gauge

My avatar is my 9 month old puppy Gauge (and his big tongue) getting ready for Nebraska next weekend at the PHU opener. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures in the message section. I'm better at tramping around in the field as opposed to messing around with these computers!

This is my "little" buddy as i call him. He's an 11 month old chessy and he is about 90 lbs now. He caught onto the pheasant hunting game in about 10 minutes. He flushes tracks and retrieves all on the first time out. We also got a couple bonus mallards on this trip. hope you enjoy

This is my step dads dog from yesterday when we were out in the fields
PA100247.JPG

I too have a Chessie. She has been a grand dog and worked hard for me for several years. Gettin a little age now( like me) and may be good for a couple more seasons. This is Bailey on a quick little local hunt last season.
386693016.jpg

Never gets to cold or to far for her! It was clear and about 15 degrees with over a half inch of Arkansas ice when she brought these back....

Bob M

Back