Kansas in January - any takers?

I think can make it, comming from Mo. will have two setters. in Nov will be going to Norton area. is there a particular place we are staying/meeting yet? and a count? this sounds like a great plan.

Being that I was going to be in Ks. in Jan. (man I going to catch grief for this) I was wondering how the waterfowl hunting was in Wakeeny area ??

setterbud we are meeting in dodgecity there are not very many confirmers as of yet alot of I want to comes I dont think there is a limit to how many show up for the meal

Mr hyde waterfowl are you kidding me I thought this was a pheasant hunt builder LOL I'm not sure how it is I am only 30 miles from wakeeney and have peaple who live there I will do some checking and pm you tonight

Mr hyde waterfowl are you kidding me I thought this was a pheasant hunt builder LOL I'm not sure how it is I am only 30 miles from wakeeney and have peaple who live there I will do some checking and pm you tonight

LOL.... Sounds good to me, I just wanted something to do in the early in the morning. and too see what gunner will do in a actual duck hunting situation.

I am in for the Jan. meet up in Dodgecity

I would like to get together with some of the guys on the forum. Doubt if I will travel far from Dodge this year since I plan to be guiding deer hunters on the new deer haven my sons and I purchased.

So if any one is near Dodge, give me a call.

Mr. Bird giving up feathers for fur! What's the world coming to?

If it's still on count me in, at least for the Jan 15th vittles & bullshoot session! Would be really nice if both lunch & a follow-up dinner are in the mix. I will probably stay somewhere nearby & hunt 2-3 days for the wknd, since I am already driving that far from Denver anyway. :thumbsup:

I plan on making it kind of a grand-finale/wind-down/chill-out of sorts to the season for myself. I should be over all of the willies by then & done running-wild after birds (LOL, I'm not talking about the dog - but ME, the 2nd yr newbie livin near pheasant hog-heaven for the first time in my life)!!! :eek: :D Hopefully, I will have already pre-hunted a bit somewhere within an hour or two of town earlier in the season & have an idea where to scratch up a few birds.

Seriously, it would be great to meet & hang out with a bunch of fellow UPHers. It would be an added bonus to hunt together with a couple of you flusher-men, but not absolutely necessary as I am used to hunting quite a bit by myself just me & the pooch (and actually sometimes prefer it some days, especially on opening day & the very tail-end of the season). I need something like this as an excuse/encouragement to finally make it out to western KS like I keep telling myself - so far, I never can seem to make it past all the eastern CO roosters standing in the way!

Hope none of y'all smarty-pants practical jokers are like one of my best friends from Philly who once you get him started you better know when & where to draw the line - cause he's always willing to take it just one more notch & gonna get in the last lick, no matter where that goes (stolen sermon notes right be4 standing up to preach, road-kill in the mailbox or under the truck seat, a hot-coffee spoon-burn "hickey" on the neck to have to explain to the wife - whatever it takes)! Touche' boys, it's on!!! BTW, he's not coming & I ain't that bad... :p :cheers:

I too am excted about this opportunity. I'll start a thread in the KS forum soon so we can get a head count. I just didn't want to start it too early b/c it is bound to get high-jacked and we'll end up starting another one a few weeks before we meet. Same date, same place....that much ain't changin'!

Im also looking forward to this opportunity! It'll be a wind down opportunity for me too, HHRooster.

Tall tales, wagin tails (docked of course), and cold ales! :cheers: I'm a big fan of vittles and BS too. It will be nice to gather for a meet and great after a long day of trudging through what ever a KS Jan day has in store. :eek:

GSP is that all you can think about is food its soon to be hunting season and when its here all else gets the sideline even food HA HA

I stand corrected yo did mention all the necesities for an awesome hunt in january can't wait to meet you

Hmmmmm...;) if there are going to be 50+ in the group, maybe ya'll should .."head west"... :thumbsup: ...:nutz:

Hmmmmm...;) if there are going to be 50+ in the group, maybe ya'll should .."head west"... :thumbsup: ...:nutz:

My understanding is that there are going to be some smaller hunting groups during the day that meet up for some fellowship after the hunt. I don't think anybody is envisioning the party drives of the Dakotas. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just want to see how my dog handles (or mishandles as the case will be I'm sure) those cagey late season roosters. I have heard stories of how tough they can be to hunt after a season of education and the young birds have all been killed.

Your understanding is correct as far as I'm concerned. If the same 10 or 15 guys get together every year and we get to know each other well, maybe we could do that in a few years. The plan is to meet, greet, and swap stories.....let's not make this complicated as we do have that tendancy on this forum.

I only see 10-15 guys overall involved so far on this thread, so I highly doubt it's gonna be anywhere near 50+...I don't really wanna hunt with 10-15 guys AND dogs all at once any more than anyone else, but smaller groups of 2-4, maybe even 5 or 6 on a really BIG CRP field would be fun...Don't know that I really want to bullshoot with 50-100 people all at once either, but shootin the breeze in the evening or over lunch with a dozen or two UPH diehards should be a real hoot!!! :cheers:

Kansas in January

I have been following along in the back round listening if you will, to you cast of characters. :thumbsup: This is a great idea. I have not hunted Kansas before but some of you know I was asking about it earlier looking for info, hope to be down there soon. Opener here in Minnesota is next weekend.:D What better reason to make a second trip to Kansas. Kansas in January has to be better than here in MN. Our season ends new years weekend but I make it a point to go out no matter what the weather. Iâ??ll try to keep track of this thread and look for a sign up thread when it gets closer.:cheers:

I am still learning how to navigate around this site a little so when I get time I have to up date my profile with some pics of the hounds. I am a hybrid right now because I have both a flusher and a pointer, but donâ??t run them together.

Back