Kansas in January - any takers?

The idea of the banner is a great idea,one might consider a place with a back room, banquet room to meet, heck it mighyt turn out that we have to reserve the whole restaurant, wouldn't that be a hoot.:):):):):)
Heck they may make it unlawful for us to come back to dodge city. Just from corresponding with you guys I am sure that would never be a problem, heck they may welcome us with open arms, better than with a shotgun, but that wouldn't really be a problem because I understand guys from Kansas couldn't hit a bull in the a== if it was standing in front of him. That is why they marry country girls cause they can shoot otherwise they all would starve. : There I know I stirred up a hornets nest.

Just kidding boys from Kansas, I have seen some of you shoot, that is why Walmart sporting goods stores do so well in Kansas, shotgun shell sales. I better back out of here while I can.

well i went out and feed the dogs, let them run awhile so they could do there business, called my one hunting buddy and figured this here thread would be scorching hot. Nothing :( :)

well i went out and feed the dogs, let them run awhile so they could do there business, called my one hunting buddy and figured this here thread would be scorching hot. Nothing :( :)

Ohh, I was at a mud-run you dirty CO rat!! You got mad jokes in the moutain time zone. Bring your sissified Rocky Mt. shootin' style over here to one-tooth hillbilly hell and lets shoot us some skeet. High noon, Dodge City (well, maybe just outside a' town), I'm gonna smoke yur bass cracker:D

You can go back and share with the rest of the Orange Crush how these KS boys turned your @$$ to slush, and let you roll right on down Pikes Peek. They learned me how'ta shoot purdy good ineeze sticks when I'za kid.

Is that close enough to scorching for ya?:p

Last edited:
well that was kinda mild dont cha think flatlander, talking about pikes peak well I can seez it from my front door, whatcha think about that you one toothed flatlander. I remember my granddaddy telling me how he came accross Kansas as a boy with the circus and how he hated it until he gots close to the Springs and he saw the peak. Than he knew he was in heaven. But than he settled in the real God s country ,Missouri, not Misary as some call it.
So put that in your corn cobb pipe and smoke that there dude or possibly
friend :)

well that was kinda mild dont cha think flatlander, talking about pikes peak well I can seez it from my front door, whatcha think about that you one toothed flatlander. I remember my granddaddy telling me how he came accross Kansas as a boy with the circus and how he hated it until he gots close to the Springs and he saw the peak. Than he knew he was in heaven. But than he settled in the real God s country ,Missouri, not Misary as some call it.
So put that in your corn cobb pipe and smoke that there dude or possibly
friend :)

Mild......sorry but I had to be. It is best to undershoot it a bit on a Saturday evening after you've had a few beers:rolleyes: I'd rather really lay the shnit talkin' on thick in person b/c you can see facial expressions.

Oh yeah, friend no doubt.

Brittany thats some kind of a bird dog ain't it. Think I saw one once, gotta say it was a pretty good hunting dog, for a brittany. :)

Yep, it's the kinda bird dog that will run your Misery Bred Border Collies into the ground

I don't know where I got border collies:confused:. Trust me, I'm better at this @$$hole in person :D

Well guys I guess it time to cenfess up, when a guy talks to a bunch of guys knowing he will probably never meet them he may go over board and maybe, just maybe stretch the truth a bit and I may have a little. My wife said shes been praying for me as she looks over my shoulder as I respond to you good fellers. I aint like you guys I aint gots no big money, no fancy truck or fancy engraved guns in leather imported cases. I aint gots no fancy dog trailer.
Sorry guys since there is a chance I might meet some of you fancy, rich, soficated dudes I am gonna fess up. And if you dont throw me off un this site, well I surely appreciate it. I will TRY TO BE TRUTHFUL, OR MORE SO THAN IN THE PAST.

First that ford pickup truck is really a 1969 ford station wagon, with a big 390 engine, I tell you what when I get stuck I just floor it and the mud justs goes flying, but I am still stuck. Well no more I had a friend, a guy who can fix anything. Ole Billy Bob Joe, not to be confused with his half wit brother Billy Bob Jim,he says to me, Jim I can fix that there wagon to where it wont get stuck I will make it a 4 X 4 and I will put a lift kit on it I fabricated my self. Well he did it, I get a small step ladder to get in it, and the four wheel drive is kinda special, he took a rear end of an old truck he had in his yard put it in the front of the wagon . He cut the drive shaft down to where it would go into the transmission some how, dont ask me I am not a mechanical kinda guy, well being backwards, I put the wagon in Drive at the steering wheel and I have to put the front differential in reverse as it is backward, automatic 4 wheel drive, just dont get mixed up or leave it in all wheel drive on the interstate, I found that out the hard way on I 70 around Goodland.
My dog trailer is really two plastic 30 gallon buckets in back of the wagon. Dogs dont mind a bit.
My shotgun well its a Remington model 50 , was an automatic, now its not. It wont cycle the 2nd or 3rd shell automatically. I shoot the gun, reach over the receiver with my left hand work the little thing on the action and manually cycle the action. I got where I can do it pretty good. Have even gotten 3 shots of at a pheasant once, yeh only once though. A guy who claimed to be a weekend gunsmith said I needed a rubber ring of some sort , he said he could fix it for $20.00. Well I told him I thought I could fix it myself if he showed me where to put the rubber ring. And he did, he s a liar, I tried rubber bands did it was to thick,a friend said try the ring from a condom more durable and probably would stand the heat and friction better. He wasnt no help either. Still have to use the left hand, on the gun I mean.
And those pups I have well they aint really pointing dogs, sorta flushers, kinda, I bought them 2 years ago on the parking lot of the Piggy Wiggly all night mega mart.
Well guys they are good dogs dont retrieve to well and they like to eat the birds some. They are sisters to each other, both black and tans, you wouldnt think they would be a good bird dog but they are.
Anyway guys everything is of my chest, I have cleared everything up, sorry just a poor wanna be.
Ihope I can still come, will need to renew my AAA membership for the towing

hey man there aren't vary many rich sophisticated peaple here and if they are well I guess they will just half to accept us poor broke A$$ hunters

I guess so, maybe I will be alright. I wish I had your money, heck you own a thriving trailer business.Someone said you paid 3 grand for one of your Brits, heck if I had that kind of money I could afford a pickup truck instead of this ole station wagon.

don't own the trailer business and yes i did spend 1500 on a britt but she was mine originally and I had to get her back becouse none of the others compared to her i am still a working stiff like most of the rest of the clan on here inly diference is I don't travel very often to hunt

CPH, those rings you speak of, I have them on my Remington's also. You can get a package of mixed ring sizes at any auto supply store. They are made for cars so they will take the heat and all the other stuff. I think I shoot more than you do. For I like shoot a round of trap now and then. In the summer heat 25 shots makes the gun pretty darn hot. I just got package for .98 cents. I do believe you can afford that........Bob

You're a character coPH! If you're being serious, you have nothing to worry about. I grew up broke and pretty much stayed that way. My truck is a bit newer and nicer than that old station wagon probably, but before last season I drove a totally trashed out 2wd Nissan Pathfinder everywhere. It pulled so bad my hands started hurting after an hour of driving and I had to put oil in every time I got gas. It took a long time to save enough $ to get a down payment on the new (er) truck I have now.

As for bird dogs, until I purchased a GSP from a great bloodline recently, the most I'd ever paid for any of my bird dogs was $50 and I think that was just to help cover the shots they'd been given. My other dogs have been free. Oh, and none of them have ever been professionally trained. Most guys would consider my Britts to be out of control and say they range too far...heck, sometimes I'd agree with them. I'm getting better at training, just like I'm getting better at saving my $ for the things that are most important to me (hence, a "real" 4X4 that is reliable).

There are more of us that are poor (and/or have been poor) than you might imagine. Refined, sophisticated.....neither of those words have ever been used to describe me. You'll fit in just fine my friend. Hopefully you get to see the dump I stay in when I'm bird hunting. You'll never confuse me with a rich or sophisticated guy again!

Kansas Brittany,
Heck no I werent a kiddin, that ford really goes like a bat out of hell with a 390 CI motoer and all,on a good day if I dont put my foot in the gas peadal I get all of 7 mpg, not bad, ifin Im ina hurry like going to S.D. to hunt , well maybe 4.22mpg. Them cur dogs I gots likes to jump them ditch chikens up pretty good, and if by chance I knock one down they are right there to catch it in mid air as it is coming down. problem is they likes them as much as I do, though I prefer mines cooked. Ole Zeek caught one last year, and by the time I gots to him the only thing that wasnt down his throat or going down it was, yeh you can imagine as it was going head first. I almost lost a finger or two, not that he dont love me and all, he just loves the phez better. As far as the ole gun, Ive tried rubber bands, condons, silicone, I dont suggest that, it is really messy and it dont work so I had to work my a++ off to get it off, dont you know.
Lets see know, talked about the station wagon, Zeek, gun, oh yeh the kennels, I am aimen to upgrade I bought HUGE TUPPERWARE CONTAINER, PUT SOME cOLORADO PRAIRIE GRASS INIT FOR THE DOGS, DAMN I HIT THAT FUNNY KEY THAT MAKES THESE LETTERS LOOK FUNNY AGAIN, DONT YOU JUST HATE THAT, there,cut two holes in it and I got my two wire mash doors out of my ole frig and wired them to the front for doors. Now I gots to make it smell proof, I mean that damn coon hounds/flushers got into sumper at the stop we made in Kansas going to S.D. , I dont advise going that way ,
anyway what they et must ta been rank cause it was when it cameout of em as gas. You might have seen me driving down I 70, 55mph head out of the window just a cussing, hard to see the road with your eyes a water.
You know I saw this guy who was on the corner with a sign saying he would work for money, so I had $5.00 so I asked him if he would clean my kennel out for $5 and he said no but hell no, guess he was afraid he would those $55. nikes he has on dirty, still had the price tag on it. So I see him get a couple of dollars from almost every car that pulled up so I thinks, Darn Jim it is 1200 miles round trip to S.D. at say 7 mpg at almost $3.00 a gallon, so I thinks what the heck, I get a piece of cardboard out of the ford, of heah it is a country squire, a good fancy ford station wagon, a crayon and write,
Disabled vet, get a pension aint gonna lie need money to go hunt. You aaint gonna believe it but ole boy says I gots to go and he call the cops and I am told I cant do that , it politically aint right, hell politically right, I aint running fer a political office, Well gotta go, hey Kansas Brit, when you write words like thats are you suppose to do it this way, that s, can not for the life figure it out. You all be safe, have a great day and give the dog a kiss for me cause cant ask you to give your wife one fer me, I may not know her. :)

IF you really wanna know, it should've been "that's". I don't think anyone cares around here though. The only reason I punctuate correctly is b/c I sucked at all of the traditional "guy subjects" and had to do well in at least one class. English class just came easy for me. My messages are always long b/c I type "like a girl" too. There was a hot blonde in the grade below me in high school and the only way I could get a class with her was to get in typing class. The typing teacher didn't let me get away with anything, so now I can type and that hot blonde is my wife:D

Can't wait to meet you man!

you to sound like a couple of country bumpkins that them damned ol couontry cry in my good beer songs are made of LOL

Kansas Brit,
You dog, younger woman, your a lucky man, as far as typing class I took it for a week, teacher kicked my country bumpkin non spelling, non punctating a++ out of her class, those were the days of the ole manual type writers. It didn't work for me cause I couldnt't spell and I beat the hell out of that ole manuel piece of sh__. I went to country schoolas a young un than for high school I went to one of them half way sophisicated schools, Did not fit in at all. I went out for sports and got killed, I was 5' 9' 133 lbs.always been a small structure of a guy, smallest of all of the boys, cousins ext. Anyway could run like nobody could, so I played football 2 games a133 lb guy tackled by a 220 lb guy don't get it. Done good in track especially the running long jump held the schools record all 4 years. English, well not my thing. I passed o k but enjoyed looking outside of the window at the birds and squirrels and stuff than to listen to the ole teacher. But when I brung home a D on my report card dad said no more hunting tell you get it up. Started listening to the teacher. Got a B. Still aint got no good english talking in me though. Gotta go feed the dogs, my little girl is telling me it 4:30 and I feed them at 4 all the time. Ain't it funny how they can tell time.
Gove County Brit,
Alright country bumpkin, make fun of us will you, I knew you were one of those saphisicated dudes. I am aimed to get a coors beer bottle and put some really clysdale fluid in it for you. I saw your picture and if you weren't so big and I didn't have to stand on a stool,I'd show you a country hick a++ whoopen, but cause you are and I ain't, peace brother, can't we all get along.:cheers:

Amen just remember to bring a lunch pail for the both of us so after i'm done whoopin your ars across kansas I can have some fuel for the body HA LOL sophisticated no not at all my redneck hillbilly roots run deep all the way back to the gator swamps of florida and where the hell did you see a picture of me if your looking at the guy in the dogbox pics thats my 15 year old son and yea he has good breeding behind him

Back