Kansas in January - any takers?

that I will dude, hope you like fried possum n grits, with sweet taters, and of course gotta have fried taters. I guess I did not see a picture of you, I think it was one of your friends on the site I saw.
Looks like a pretty good boy , that boy of yours. Does he hunt, yeh that is like asking if a dog would eat a steak if he had a chance.It is a shame he is not 16 and able to drive, that way he could drive you back to the born after that get together that you all are gonna have. :) :cheers:

mmmm fried possum and grits corn grits though no fake crap and i will take extra fried taters no sweets please and he will be 16 in November and already has his learners permit and has driven back to the barn already on a couple of occasions and yea he hunts better than a one legged coonhound on a 3 day trail

Gove County britts,
Well what kinnd of truck you aimmen to buy that boy cause I know he don't want no car. How about that Dodge truck of yours than you can go buy a real truck, a Ford don't ya know. Well you wouldn't wanna do that to him, buy him a Ford, I know a guy who might be talked inta selling his one owner shiny 1969 ford Country squire 4 X4 station wagon. Good hunin vehicle and a real chick wagon.
You got some pretty good looking Brittanys there buddy, Britts are really cool dogs to have,, if you are gonna hunt quail, just to small for phez though, right, I can"t see how they could get an rooster in their little mouth. A guy really needs a dog like ole Zeek, he can flush, sometimes points, well kinda, well, anyway he is a fetching fool and he can tree a squirrel or coon or has been known to run a deer, aint to much on runnen elk though.
So what do you use when you go pheasant hunting, hunt with guys who s got real dogs.

Before you have a coronary buddy ole pal,I truely love those little Brits, one of my buddies had a Brit and she was the hardest working, nonlying dog I ever saw. She would take off like a raped ape from the start and I do not believe she ever slowed down, she would cover so much land it was unbelievable, she would go over the hill and you did not have to worry about her, if there was a bird there she had it and would keep pointing it til you got there, no creeping, like a statue. You would come over a hill and if you looked hard you could see her there somewhere on point other wise you would see her running ,hunting, looking for a bird. GREAT DOGS. I think one day I will own at least one. Have to wait until Zeek either runs off or dies. He'd eat a little dog like that.

well sir I believe in hard work and I teach my boys the same ha already has a truck 1979 chevy flatbed he bought it himself and payed for the parts and paint to restore it he knows the value of a dollar and them britts are good as they come the one in the avatar is the expensive one the young male is my youngest sons and the other female is my older sons and the lab is mine they all do their job just right and fine

Flat bed chevy pickup, sweet, I wish I had one , dog kennels in the back a cot and a sleeping bag, coleman stove and cast iron skillet and a tarp hung up. Heck you could lay there looking at the stars, heck you could put a little open pit bar b q on there and you could roast weenies at night. Heck if my ole wagon makes it there to Kansas would your boy consider renting it out. On second thought I couldn't afford it and I hear there are crazy woman in Kansas that might hurt you if you ain't careful. :cheers:

Kansas Brittany,
I appreciate that info and I will heed it, I gots a friend who use to hunt in Kansas but not no more, ain't been right sense, all we can get out of him is " female sasquatch, ugly, ugly, must have been one of those broad shoulder gals you were talking about.
I was thinking about sleeping in my truck or I mean station wagon, but now I am kinna fraid to.
Guess I will see if Gove County Britt would rent me one of those fancy dog boxes for the night. I hear he is a pretty good guy. At least that is what the guy who saw the female bigfoot said about him.....:)

I have slept in worst, heard tell your kennels are better thaan most homes so it might be a treat for me. :)
You ready for a beer. :cheers:
11 hrs, 52 minutes and af ew seconds and the ole 69 ford station wagon will be motoring down the road, tupperware kennels in the back, I fixed some ham sandwiches with some red eye gravy in a tin can to put on the maanifold to warm it up, ain't no good cold.

were ae ya headed going this way I thought the dakotas were farther north and hell yea i'm always ready for a beer maybe you should stop bye here and get another dog in case yours has a heart attack

Last edited:
Zeek and rufus will be fine, I am the one more likely to have a heart attack.Besides I know you aint gonna let me have your lab and it would be easier fighting an alligator than trying to get one of the Gove County Britts from one of your boys. :)

Yeh country bumpkin, the Dakotas are North, didn't your teacher learn you anything. Mine tried, gosh she tried. Hard to learn when your thinking bout huntn, fishing and girls. And trucks. :)

well your right about the britts but yea if you ask and beg hard enough i might be persuaded to let you use one as long as you understand that if anything happens to one of them you will be sighning your retirement checks over to me for the remainder of the time you get them but yea i=other than that i would let you use one

guess I'll just use my ole flea bags:) but thanks, wife said can't afford to loose the goverment retirement check from the Army all $3.25 a month :) a private don't make to much.

LOL well okay then I guess you will just have to come hunting in kansas with me beforer ther end of the year

Back