Kansas in January - any takers?

yes sir im all about one greatbig group for 1 or 2 fields then i would like to hunt with only a few no more than 5

Sounds like we're all on the same page.

My two biggest goals are to 1 - BE SAFE and 2 - HAVE FUN. In that order.

I'm a little jealous. All you guys with multiple dogs. We're currently a one dog family. I hope to change that next Spring. I have been seriously considering adding a Setter. I have to confess, I'm a pointy dog kinda guy too. I know a flusher might put more birds in the bag, but I'm kinda with KB on this, I really like watching a nice point with a couple dogs honoring.

Maybe after we split up for some hunting we could reconvene at the end of the day for a burger and a pint? Swap stories and see how everyone did.

Thanks for putting this together guys!

I like both pointers and flushers I guess I'm just lucky in that I can run both kinds and have good luck I really enjoy pointers especially multiple points but I also love watchin them flushers go and my flusher will point if the bird willl hold

There is a possibility that we'll have a UPH banner sent to us, so we can hang it on the table at whichever eating establishment we choose to meet at. This will be a good time regardless of how we choose to hunt. I like the idea of meeting at the end of the day too. At some point, we'll start a KS UPH gathering thread in the KS forum inviting all who hunt KS and plan to be here that w/e.

Man you guys really know how to get someone excited. I am trying to do everything humanly possible to change my leave dates so that I am there for that weekend. It really sounds like a great time, one that surelly shouldn't be missed by anyone. Trust me I will continue to watch this post just to see what unfolds, and if I can't be there that w/e at least I will have your guys stories to paint a picture of how it went.

A banner that would be nice then onlookers would think we are some big fancy group and maybe ask for autographs LOL not likeky but what the hell maybe but a banner does sound nice that would be easier to recognize than someone we've never seen or met before nice thinking KB you get the gold badge for the day

A banner that would be nice then onlookers would think we are some big fancy group and maybe ask for autographs LOL not likeky but what the hell maybe but a banner does sound nice that would be easier to recognize than someone we've never seen or met before nice thinking KB you get the gold badge for the day

Aww, shucks, GCB:p. I ain't never won no gold badge awards b4. I'd better call my pappy right away!:rolleyes:

LOL well now you have I can tell I like you already your just as much of a smartass as me we will hit it off well

well then it sounds like we are off to a great start i come from a long line of them and practical jokers

GCB I can assure you that KB is in no way or fashion a smart a$$. On second thought no I can't. Lol. If you can take a good ribbing and are willing to give it right back I think you two will get along nicelly. Should make for a good hunt and or gathering either way.

huntinf 4 fun Its not wether I can take one its wether or not he can recieve them as well as I can through out the ribbings I've figured out that someone always does something to get into the position that they are the recipient of a good ribbing even if it was non intentional give me enough time and I will get him to I really wish you could make the gathering this winter

Hey Gove County Britts,

What is the status of Kansas 23? That is my usual route to Denver, but went US83 last weekend.

23 is suposed to be finished by sept but Im not sure where they are at other than that I also use that route to go south on but I also know the county roads so its eisier for me to still go that way

well then it sounds like we are off to a great start i come from a long line of them and practical jokers

Due to my late entry I would like to throw my hat in the ring if you gentlemen are not full yet. depending on the particulars my references are :
I went to smart-a$$ university according to my wife :cheers:

Due to my late entry I would like to throw my hat in the ring if you gentlemen are not full yet. depending on the particulars my references are :
I went to smart-a$$ university according to my wife :cheers:

Full? I don't think there will be any such thing. As for the late entry, this thing is still in the works. We'll consider the come latelys that show back up on the board 2 wks before opener late entries. Your references are acceptable as are your credentials. See ya January 15th in Dodge :cheers:

BTW, we'll start a thread as time draws nearer in the KS forum to iron out the details.

youguys forgot the most important credentiol ( the excuses for why we didnt get the bird ) I personally always seem to buy the boxes of shells that have no lead in them

I have successfully hunted my pointing dogs with a close ranging flusher. Flushers are great but I was raised with pointing dogs. I'd rather see a good group of pointing dogs do their thing, than watch a motley crew. Heck, I'd rather see a good group of flushers do their thing than watch a motley crew. The other thing is having a young dog that's still learning the ropes. I want him to point and point only w/ no confusion!

This sounds like a great time, and I look forward to seeing how this unfolds, closer to january. So if it all pans out I'd like the opportunity to come down and put some faces with some names in january.

Back