Heeees baaaaack !!

All you bandwagon Vikings fans, or fans that like them when they win, but hate them when they lose..... Stay off the bandwagon when they come back and start doing some damage in the NFC. NFC is wide open. Cleveland Browns just beat the Saints by what, 27 points? Vikings are just as good as any team in the NFC. Stay off the bandwagon... Only true fans allowed....

Captain Cootie................ What team do you like anyways? Or is soccer your kind of sport?

I'm sure you hopped on the bandwagon of some team that won the superbowl.

glad to see you are up and at em already cootie. i cant believe clyde never woke up to warn me you were leaving. what a great stadium and a great game. hope you are feeling better.

League admits to two touchdown errors in Sunday night game

Posted by Mike Florio on October 25, 2010 5:44 PM ET
Sunday night's Vikings-Packers game contained enough layers and wrinkles to justify 100 different items.

The one that had the most impact on the outcome came from the inability of the officials patrolling the end zone to do their jobs properly, in real time and/or under the replay hood.

The availability of replay review is no substitute for getting it right in the first instance. On two separate occasions with scoring plays on the line, the officials got it wrong.

On the third occasion, referee Scott Green simply botched the replay review.

And all three calls worked against the team that lost by four points.

On the second play of the second quarter, a touchdown pass from Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers to tight end Andrew Quarless should have been ruled an incompletion. Quarless bobbled the ball after he landed out of bounds. (In the field of play, it's OK to bobble the ball when hitting the ground as long as the ball doesn't touch the ground. When landing out of bounds, possession must be maintained without bobbling. And, yes, these rules are indeed simple and clear.)

Though Vikings coach Brad Childress inexplicably failed to throw the challenge flag, the officials should be expected to be in position to see whether or not a pass is complete, especially in the end zone.

Later in the quarter, Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe made a diving catch in the end zone, after running back Adrian Peterson bought time for quarterback Brett Favre with a crushing block on a blitzing linebacker. Though the ball hit the ground, the ball never moved. The call on the field was correct.

NBC's Al Michaels Cris Collinsworth agreed. As Collinsworth said during the broadcast, "Because he never lost control of the football, I'd be very surprised if this one gets overturned."

Added Collinsworth: "But I've been surprised a few times in the past, too."

The Packers challenged, and referee Scott Green took away the touchdown, explaining that Shiancoe had "used the ground to help make the catch."

Whatever that means.

The league office apparently doesn't understand, either. Per Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, coach Brad Childress said on Monday that the league office has informed him the call had been blown.

Then, on the final drive of the night, Vikings receiver Percy Harvin made a catch at the back of the end zone that appeared to give the Vikings a stirring come-from-behind win. In real time, it was obvious that Harvin couldn't have gotten both feet down. But an official, who was right on top of the play, concluded that Harvin did, and the official called it a touchdown.

And so the Vikings offense, after celebrating the "oh my heavens!"-style win, had to process the fact that their jubilation was moot.

Yes, Green got it right when he went under the hood, but the Vikings never should have been permitted to even think that they had won the game. Though they're all pros and they know they have to refocus and proceed, it's far easier said than done in the heat of the moment.

Thus, while we prefer the coach Brad Childress not publicly whine about the officiating in a game in which he made his fair share of mistakes, he has the right to be at least quietly upset.

Vikings fans can choose to direct their anger at any one of five or six different culprits.

All you bandwagon Vikings fans, or fans that like them when they win, but hate them when they lose..... Stay off the bandwagon

Like any other sport we have bandwagon fans. I have no trouble admitting the only time I was a true viking fan was when Tommy Kramer & Rich Gannon were QB's. They wern't that good, but I didn't' care. I grew up in Mankato and went to college, so I have seen these guys for years. I would like to see them do well for the good of the state, but I just don't see it happening. I'm not a hater, they just can't put it together here this year. Yes, they have a good team. Unfortunately like they said one KFAN... a loss against the pack will send the bandwagon fans scrambling. I just focus on my business and enjoy to see the vikes win for the good of MN. They need to pull it together though. Another Childress pep talk?!!!

Captain Cootie................ What team do you like anyways? Or is soccer your kind of sport?

I'm sure you hopped on the bandwagon of some team that won the superbowl.

Did you forget to take your medication today:D I thought it was clear i'm a GREEN BAY PACKER FAN:10sign: My favorite since I was 7 years old. I do like to follow the Vikings but it's more out of trying to figure out why they alway fail. They alway have talent but never seem to get it done. Looks like I'll have to quit pulling your tail. Sorry for any hard feelings.

well brett is out for next weeks game due to two fractures in his ankle. Childress is question his ability to choose his throws where there was tons of opening such as MOSS and other players when farve was probably trying to get rid of the ball asap so his ankle doesnt get any damage. it did seem Farve was hurrying his throw like he was rushed.

Feel like I need some medication after the refs Jobbed us in Green Bay. But seriously, somewhere along the line I missed that you were a packer fan. Hunting this weekend back in SD, so I'm pumped up for that. Get to spend about 5 days back in the homeland area, so should be fun......

Did you forget to take your medication today:D I thought it was clear i'm a GREEN BAY PACKER FAN:10sign: My favorite since I was 7 years old. I do like to follow the Vikings but it's more out of trying to figure out why they alway fail. They alway have talent but never seem to get it done. Looks like I'll have to quit pulling your tail. Sorry for any hard feelings.

with captain coot,funnelcloud son of blackcloud, and myself at the game we must of been the trio of evil and hexed the refs and vikings.:D WOW what a stadium and party atmosphere. got off the bus walked around the corner and there it was Lambeau Field vieled in the smoke of hundreds of tailgate grills. then above the smoke arose the American flag with the setting sun in the background. what a sight and inspirational moment. i use to think you were crazy in minnesota wanting a new stadium. i have been to the metrodome several times. you sure miss out on a lot compared to an outdoor stadium. the dome has no style. it reminds me of the old towers dorms at ISU. we called them the concrete suitcases. been a packer fan many years i do like the vikes to win when they are not playing the Pack. hope the rest of thier season goes better.

Just thought I would ask...do you Viking fans want some cheese with your wine?...:eek:...How 'bout them Cowboys? :mad:

yep change it to Heessss goneeeee!!!!!!!
What a jerk, some never change, no playing pieca, well you know. Lock the hall of fame for that ding bat. What a over talented loser.!!!!! The guy will just not get it. If I had his talent I would be retired and pheasant hunting every day.

wow.. Moss is pretty much let go of the vikes bc of what he supposely said about the patriots. Farve, is getting wind knocked out of him and i think hes coming around and probably said this: "wow!! i got gray hair... where am i? what in the world did i get myself into? i need to get out!"

Back