Heeees baaaaack !!

What does years played have to do with anything?
What?? it has alot to do with it. It's called longevity. There have been many QB's that have played 15 years + in the NFL that had nowhere near the career or records that Farve has. If Brady can continue to play at a high level for the balance of his career than you can put him up there with the all time best to play the position.

Marino never won a Superbowl, is he a lesser QB than Brady?

Play long enough you will break records.

Again there have been plenty of QB's that played a long time that could only wish they had the careers that Farve had.

If Vikings had Trent Dilfer right now they probably would have won 2 superbowls.
I won't get sucked into this one. Doesn't even deserve a response. :rolleyes:

All you need is a good defense and a QB that don't make mistakes. The great Farve has failed his teams a chance at going and maybe winning a superbowl 3 times and looks like he'll do it again this year so 4.
Hmmmm... a QB that doesn't make mistakes. Care to mention one that hasn't made any? We all know what you get with Farve, nothing new here. It's a hard pill to swallow sometimes when he breaks our hearts, but he's a gunslinger and that is how he plays. Take that away from him and you don't get much of the success he's had either. If I could point to one major flaw in his character is that he too often thinks he has to take it all on his shoulders and win it by himself. A 41 year old QB who isn't getting adequate protection from his OL and the mentality that "I have to win this thing on my own" is his shortcoming.

Last edited:
im sorry guys.. but farve doesnt have it anymore. i know he likes attention and this is why he keeps coming back. he craves it and wants to feel young again and he gets it every time the NFL allows him back in. he gets a rush on that.

farve is a good QB but not anymore. we got way too many talented QBs today than farve. too many missed opportunities there was last night to win the game last night, and farve missed over 60% of them.

after this year. farve HAS to retire.. no buts!

get him an o-line and he would do just fine... He made alot of throws last night that says he does still have it!

Hmmmm... a QB that doesn't make mistakes. Care to mention one that hasn't made any? We all know what you get with Farve, nothing new here. It's a hard pill to swallow sometimes when he breaks our hearts, but he's a gunslinger and that is how he plays. Take that away from him and you don't get much of the success he's had either. If I could point to one major flaw in his character is that he too often thinks he has to take it all on his shoulders and win it by himself. A 41 year old QB who isn't getting adequate protection from his OL and the mentality that "I have to win this thing on my own" is his shortcoming.

Well said!!! No matter what I think he should of done, I always find myself watching his team. Always thinks he has a chance and that draws me to watch him!!! Just hope he does not get hurt!!!:cheers:

just think about this. if detroit hadn't been screwed by the refee's early in the season they would now have twice as many wins as the vikings:D

Unless I'm mistaken, a few years ago (ok maybe 5 or more) the packers with Favre went something like 1-5 to start the season and made the playoffs. I don't think they advanced past the 1st or 2nd round, but it goes to show that nothing is impossible. I don't think the North division this year is anything to write home about. Packers are banged up bad, Bears are overrated IMO, and the Lions, well......

Who know's we may not make it, but considering the other teams status in the black and blue division nothing is impossible. But we need to start winning NOW !!

Last edited:
Well I believe the spark finaly lit the second half, people were on the same page. Look out now. It is just what I suspected would happen. It has been from lack of training camp and injury. I look for them to perform better here on out.

I'm worried, about his arm. A lot of his throws Monday were coming up short. They also lacked intensity and that is not Farve. I think his injuries are taking more of a toll. Than most coaches and players are willing to admit........Bob

go packers. captaincoot, funnelcloud, and myself will be at green bay cheering on the Mighty Packers. even it rains or storms it will be a great experience:)

I can't wait Watching football outdoors were it's suppose to be played not inside. Looking at the ring of honor round the stadium were the great packer players are put. Ones that were man enough to win a superbowl:) I heard farve wants his little fire hydrant he likes to take pics of be put up there. Theres hope for the longhorn sheep beings you can't hit in the NFL anymore they changed the superbowl to the Sissybowl sheep should win for sure now:D

Seems your very serious about putting down the Vikings. Sounds like someone that knows nothing about football to me. Interesting to say the least. Stick to talking about hunting, you might make more sense.

I can't wait Watching football outdoors were it's suppose to be played not inside. Looking at the ring of honor round the stadium were the great packer players are put. Ones that were man enough to win a superbowl:) I heard farve wants his little fire hydrant he likes to take pics of be put up there. Theres hope for the longhorn sheep beings you can't hit in the NFL anymore they changed the superbowl to the Sissybowl sheep should win for sure now:D

Looks like farve is falling apart.

i think the announcers were saying that farve is probably going to retire after this season. what a throw to give the packers a TD.

Yes, it sure does......Bob

hes limping and hes done for... period. he cant even walk normal on his injured ankle. hes getting some LUCKY throws out.. but farve himself is done for.

its so obvious that his ankle is really bothering him. when he THOUGHT he had a TD, he was hopping on ONE foot. three potential TD throws were way over shot.

all these games hes playing this season are signs of aging and he seriously needs to retire.

I might not know much about football but when I was little and picked my favorite team I pick one that could win a superbowl in less then fifty years:D I know more about football then you I guess:).

Enough picking on the longhorns. I got to watch a really good game, great stadium. Does Farve know Moss is on the team he was wide open alot and no throws. Packer defenders were open alot too he seems to find them. Jared allens a joke only time he gets sacks is when he's playing against third string tackles. I think if they would bench Future Hall of shamer Farve and put in TJ they would be pretty good, but they have to do it before it's to late record wise.

Back