Heavy brush, cat tail pounder wanted

Rubes? Rednecks? Construction workers? Blue Bloods at fancypants lodges?

I guess some might feel superior by dividing people up into particular groups to be scorned.

I tend to see them all as potential Brothers-In-Arms in the fight to preserve our hunting rights and game populations as well as the Second Amendment itself.

Reminds me of Ben Franklin's quote: "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Blue Bloods and Rubes alike.

I will even spring for a tank of gas and a package of Bologna you could share with him if you were so inclined

I dont have a lab so I cant go but i will provide gopros to log any important info and intelligent conversation.

You guys don't get it.The reason there are less and less hunting, and less hunting opportunities every year, is because rich people are locking up all the good places. I say let's do away with these lodges, and pay hunting ranches. They are the problem in hunting. Do not pay to hunt, and these places will go back to being regular farms.

I don't know too many rubes that bird hunt.They are mainly big game hunters.Most don't own bird dogs. They poach birds from the road, or drive the fields in trucks.

Be in the Winner area for the opener-HAMILL—is actual address—18 or so miles N.E. Of Winner—
Should be there guiding until after Thanksgiving—
Will have so days off in between groups to rest dogs and maybe hunt some myself-

Regret this schedule will not allow me to meet up with Goosemaster :rolleyes:—So I will make the same offer to you made to me if you would want to take my place: :confused:

How about your plans?/

David

David,

i plan on hitting the SD line about 930-10 am on Wednesday the 24th. Was planning on freelancing my way west with no real plans on Wednesday. I don't have any place to be until about Thursday at noon or so west river. If you have some time Wed I would be up for a few hrs of hunting if you have some time

I got a little off base with this, and there are some good points made.Im still hunting the northern tier late.Must like classic rock, beer, have a cab over camper, elk steak, good stories, be legal, and want to learn the sport.

The first thing you should know, being such a wise hunting person, the less noise the better this late in the year. Some of my best hunts are just me and my pups. Two or more people, twice as much noise. You just need good dogs, who do not require constant yelling and whistling, hand signals are a asset this time of year. ps...elk steak? I thought big game hunters were.....heck...., it is a loss cause, lol.

I’m way late but if you are going this year and schedules align, I’d love to take a trip out. I am primarily a northeastern ruffed grouse hunter but am interested in wild pheasants. I have been thinking about taking a trip to Iowa after Christmas. South Dakota isn’t too much farther.

I have a sense of humor and marginal stories. I also have a young field-bred Springer that I am working with. No camper but I have a cabin in New England with decent grouse hunting if you want to hunt that region.

Not sure. I took it to maybe be an insult to me for being a noob pheasant hunter. I really don't know. I have pretty much settled on Kansas anyway.

You guys don't get it.The reason there are less and less hunting, and less hunting opportunities every year, is because rich people are locking up all the good places. I say let's do away with these lodges, and pay hunting ranches. They are the problem in hunting. Do not pay to hunt, and these places will go back to being regular farms.

You are correct they will go back to regular farms with ditch to ditch corn and beans. and no nesting cover at all. Due to last winterkill of birds here and what looks like another tough one this year I am considering getting out of the business. I promise you that if that happens there will be less habitat and therefore less birds. Is that really what you want?

Back