Gas Prices

Paid $3.85 for diesel tonight in SW Missouri. Most places on the highway were over $4.00

Just returned from a 2 week trip to the Snowy Range in WY and Flattop Wilderness in CO, Most gas was $4.10 to $4.40/gal.

Paid $3.80 on Friday morning here in NW IA. Could've saved $0.20/gallon by driving 2 blocks to Casey's, but Casey's doesn't sponsor youth activities or the school programs. Rant over. Later that afternoon I was in NE IA, gas was $0.30-40 cheaper.

The only thing that will drive consumption down is price. Higher gas prices tied to availability and/or taxes ... Raising the gasoline tax is often political career ending ... so keeping US exploration, drilling, and domestic output down will have to suffice.

Demand during COVID was a low-end anomaly.

Off Topic ... but Caseys

Each year Casey’s awards grants ranging from $3,000 to a maximum of $50,000 to schools in any state we call home. LEARN ABOUT GRANTS Ways We Give and Support Communities To strengthen our communities, we focus our giving by supporting fundamental needs in our communities: Education, Hunger and Community Servants.

3.37-3.68 around Toledo OH. I just siphoned 60 gal of premium out of my boat that I bought at $.99 the last May that Trump was in office.

I just siphoned 60 gal of premium out of my boat that I bought at $.99 the last May that Trump was in office.
That gas is over 3 years old. I woudn't use it for anything. It'll cause more damage than good at this point.

You must not use your boat very much either...

Yes, I have not used it much lately, as I have had some health issues. I have put stabilizer in it every 6 months. I siphoned 20 gal this spring & used it in my f 150 eboost with no problems. I did plan on using it that summer that I bought it, but I ended up hiring out as a Captain/guide for a charter service that had much larger boats, and was very busy.

I'll be pulling my trailer to SD this year. It's probably going to be the most expensive part of my trip.

Diesel was $4.09 at Sam's Club outside of KC. $3.91 @ Sam's Club in Conway, AR. Truck stops were $.40 to .50 cents higher per gallon.

Back