Gas Prices

You guys are just rubbing my nose in it. When you live in a shiesthole state like Washington you actually get excited when you see fuel prices below 4 bucks a gallon. Every time our fuel prices drop, these liberal representatives in this state throw another tax on it. This is for regular unleaded!

Last edited:
You guys are just rubbing my nose in it. When you live in a shiesthole state like Washington you actually get excited when you see fuel prices below 4 bucks a gallon. Every time our fuel prices drop, these liberal representatives in this state throw another tax on it.
Here in MN, I pay a state income tax that ranges from about 5-8% of taxable income…no state income tax like you are dealing with is alluring. I get it, the $ has to come from somewhere…but the many, many thousands I pay MN would buy lots of gas! My sales tax runs about 8% as well, some things closer to 10% if bought in my fair city. Real estate tax is about 1.3% of the realistic value of my home on top of the other items mentioned. Just renewed license plate tabs for 2 fairly old vehicles, $375…the other cars are on a different timetable, another $400+. I‘d hate to compute the gas tax I pay…45,000 miles averaging 18 mpg is around 2500 gallons….many of those are bot in SD/ND, but I’m sure gas tax is 40 cents a gallon, there’s another $1,000….mostly in MN…maybe it’s a federal tax, not sure? All in all, enough taxes…and our city council voted to raise real estate taxes a day ago…that’s ok, largely to pay fireman more. Too much when when added together, and I’m sure I’m missing more hidden taxes…cable, internet, cell phone, electric, water & gas, etc…🫣

Last edited:
Just returned from SD, about 1200 mile round trip. Used about 70 gallons, gas averaged about $3.60, so about $250, drove solo. If gas had been $3, very cheap, I’d have saved $40. Whoopee. Driving from Alaska, yes, these prices add up. But if you ride with at least one other, and are doing 1,000 or 2000 miles per trip, this isn’t a big deal. The pandemic prices in 2020 were an aberration ; gas in the $3.50 range right now is almost a bargain when viewed on an inflation-adjusted basis over the past several decades or longer. My .02. IMO, driving solo is one of life’s great luxuries! A bargain at twice the price! 🥳
There's driving solo in congested traffic.....not fun..especially this time of the year on dark,slick 2 lane hiways....really not fun. Still feel the hit, and smell the airbags from getting hit head on when a gal decided she needed 5' of my lane...

Then there is my multiple per year trips back and forth to ak, where I might not see another rig for an hour and lose count on all the black bears eating grass alongside the road.....or the ruffies picking at gravel. Now there is one of life's pleasures....the pain at the gas pump...well thats another story

Here in MN, I pay a state income tax that ranges from about 5-8% of taxable income…no state income tax like you are dealing with is alluring. I get it, the $ has to come from somewhere…but the many, many thousands I pay MN would buy lots of gas! My sales tax runs about 8% as well, some things closer to 10% if bought in my fair city. Real estate tax is about 1.3% of the realistic value of my home on top of the other items mentioned. Just renewed license plate tabs for 2 fairly old vehicles, $375…the other cars are on a different timetable, another $400+. I‘d hate to compute the gas tax I pay…45,000 miles averaging 18 mpg is around 2500 gallons….many of those are bot in SD/ND, but I’m sure gas tax is 40 cents a gallon, there’s another $1,000….mostly in MN…maybe it’s a federal tax, not sure? All in all, enough taxes…and our city council voted to raise real estate taxes a day ago…that’s ok, largely to pay fireman more. Too much when when added together, and I’m sure I’m missing more hidden taxes…cable, internet, cell phone, electric, water & gas, etc…🫣
Man, thats gotta hurt.....seems like they gotch by the short hairs..

Washington state has some of the highest sales taxes, gas taxes well over a dollar a gallon, home real estate taxes, carbon taxes, food, the highest starting wages in the nation going to over 16 bucks and hour, and yes the liberal representatives are doing everything they can to add taxes daily. never Seen a liberal who didn’t like to tax someone else for something they are unwilling to work for themselves.

Ah the joys of living in the People's Republic of Minnesota. Born and raised, but can't wait for the day I can leave. Too bad we can't giveaway blue Minneapolis and Duluth to Wisconsin and Rochester to Iowa to even out the voter base.

Whoa...leave Iowa out of the master plan. Those ideas are creeping into the state fast enough without us importing them from MN.

Simple solution. Drive less. Haha

West coast gasoline has and will continue to be more expensive than most of the rest of the country. That's nothing new.

There is something else going on that is going to inflate goods being delivered too: a major drought. River barges in the Mississippi River basin are running aground. The river is the lowest its been in recorded history in some locations now. The river is a major source of transportation this time of year for grain harvest. All those beans and corn you see being taken out of the field often end up on a barge and get shipped down river. Right now that is becoming extremely difficult.

I think its safe to say we not only need a shift to a wetter pattern here in pheasant country, but across the entire midsection of the country.

Whoa...leave Iowa out of the master plan. Those ideas are creeping into the state fast enough without us importing them from MN.
Good point! Sorry about that, plan changed.😁

Years ago I worked on a house in AK that someone from MN owned. He claimed to be an AK resident for tax purposes but his business was in MN. Don’t know how he did it but he claimed by being an AK resident it reduced his taxes so much he could fly back to MN a couple times a month and still be money ahead. Some of his income was from investments but most was from his MN business. That said our state suffers from a lack of services including education,road maintenance,and law enforcement. So taxes are not always a bad thing.

Back