New profile posts

Good afternoon Zeb, there’s a guy on Facebook on South Dakota Pheasant Hunters page asking about a Spaniel club out in your neck of the woods in South Dakota. If your on Facebook, maybe you could give him a hand

Thanks, chuck
Good to see you on the board. Don't let the nay sayers bother you. As you already know, plenty of folks waste their time and money on products being passed off as successful when the only success is for the people selling them!
Happy spring my friend, dogs and I survived another winter, hope your winter was good for the birds and you. My boy is picking up his first pup this spring and is hoping for bird numbers good enough to justify a trip to your fine state?

Take care,
Paul
Sorry but I did not see your message about my Sweet Sixteen until now. Guess I only look for PM's and didn't notice this message. As you probably saw, I sold the Sweet.
No one I know would be put out by someone asking to hunt. One thing that turns me off is when a person acts all concerned about how I’m doing, how the crops are yada, yada, yada. Just introduce yourself and ask if they would allow you to hunt. That simple. Don’t take up a bunch of my time if I’m busy.

One or two hunters better than a big group. Make sure you understand his property boundaries, thank them either way. Ask them if they would like a bird if you are successful. Make sure you know where you can drive and park.

A smile and a handshake gets things off on the right foot.

Good luck.
McFarmer... Thanks for the reply about picking up empty’s. I really wish we respected the WIA’s a little bit more. We lost some of my best areas this year, and I hate the idea that my daughters might not be able to hunt the same way that I’ve been able to. I think we do a decent job, but could do a lot better... In your reply, you said you’re a land owner and it sounds like you occasionally allow people to hunt your land. Yesterday was the first day I had any desire to hunt private land. Yesterday was tough for me, and it seemed every piece of private had birds, while the public land didnt. My question is, how do private land owners feel about guys asking to hunt their land? I’ve never knocked on doors because I feel like they probably get asked a lot, however, I’m starting to wonder if it might be worth it. Since IÂ’ve never done it, I was curious how the land owners feel about it before I start knocking. Thanks

Travis Tangen
If the gun has not been reblued I will give 1000$ for it. Please don’t be offended if you feel that is too low, it’s just what it’s worth to me as a shooter. I saw you are looking at the Nebraska hunting license, I am headed there first week of January for the first time. I usually go to Montana, then Kansas a couple times. Looking forward to trying Nebraska.
Give me a call it will be a whole easier Yes dogs are welcome, cost is 150 a day meals included we hunt sat and sun my # is 254 534 3255
I posted asking for more details about pheasant hunting around Plainview, but figured it might be easier to just message you instead.

What is the cost to hunt? How many other people and dogs will be involved? Can I bring my two English Pointers? Where around Plainview is the hunt taking place?

I live about 3 hours east from Plainview, near Abilene. My dogs have had a lot of wild quail shot over them. I went to Kansas last week and hunted pheasant with the dogs and they are equally adept at that as quail.

Any and all information is appreciated!
I’m actually hunting in South Dakota right now, broke my phone and trying to figure out this new one, can’t seem to respond to the message you sent me. Could you email me directly, then I will know if I’m sending you the information and not doing it wrong
deweybagger1@icloud.com
I will be lodging at the Super 8 Motel. My number is 806.681.2550. Text or call me. I will have a hunting party of 7-12 hunters. My name is Jason
Howdy. Saw your post. I'm heading to liberal area for opener as well. 1 guy and a dog. Let me know if you are available to walk a few fields
Howdy. Saw your post. I'm coming to the Liberal /Johnson city area for opener. Just me and my dog. Couple folks make the hunt more productive for sure. Let me know if you need a partner in the field
How long are you going to be in SD? I belong to Wern Valley. I’m assuming you belong to it too. I’m hunting Sunday - Wednesday 45 minutes West of Aberdeen.
Back