New profile posts

Kansas sucks man pheasant hunting wise I agree MN has a better quality late season pheasant hunt then KS does WIHA are not for produceing upland game they are for making private land owner $$$ in my eyes...

NE rocks u can hunt till Jan 31 & have abillity to actually harvest a limit of birds all I herd outta KS is hit or miss spotty hunting gotta find the spot not all WIHA are good but gotta deal with it???

Not in NE CRP lands I've seen & hunted in NE were killer habitat wise deer pheasant quail turkey & 95% of the lands I've hunted in 3-5 county area
You will have her hunting by fall, mine was 4 months we she started chasing woodcock and grouse. You will have a fun year with her!
Good morning I live in Branson and see where you are hunting quail near springfield. Is that public or private land. I just bought a 8 week old setter pup. Would love to have someplace close to get her into some wild birds this fall. thanks
elton
The pups on the puppy thread were all sold. I do have females bred now for whelping in February and March. I do have 6 that are 7 months old that I will be working and sorting through this spring before the new litters come.
I've gone to Irish Creek Lodge in Haven, KS the last two seasons. Steve, the owner, is a very nice guy who works hard to put you on properties you want to hunt. The wild bird hunts are not easy, but we had shooting on wild birds at about 3/4ths of the properties he put us on. This year we hunted 1/8, 1/9 & 1/10. Moved 2-3 coveys of quail each day, and a few roosters each day (saw lots n lots of hens). You aren't likely to limit on pheasants unless you have very good dogs, good shooting, and hunt hard, but you will kill a few. The lodging is very clean and comfortable - an old farm house that has been remodeled.

http://irishcreekoutfitters.com/birds.php

Don't know if it's better or worse than any other lodges because it's the only one in KS I've gone to. I thought the price was reasonable, and the hunting pretty good if you like a mixed bag of pheasants and quail.
No, I'm not Brent, my name is Tom and I'm located in Michigan. Im assuming you are looking for a setter. My dogs both have great personalities and are great dogs. My setter is only 6 months and my Britt will be 3 yrs this spring. My Britt is a bigger runner then my setter, the setter is ranging about half that of my Britt. I feel range is inherited and is highly variable within these breeds, you can also reign you dog in if you like. Both mine are good retrievers as well. I have added a coupl of links to my YouTube page so you can kind of see how each dog hunts.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeEdg9Ly9NnQkT2IoegVdqPz00FMm_d9O
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeEdg9Ly9NnT9V77zzbT5k6_1cFuSZwjF
this is Elton youngblood from branson mo. Is this brent Jennings that I recently talked to about River. Jim Gourley doesn't have any pups and Jason Patty only has an older dog an a male pup. Im looking for a female. I see you have a Brittany. Can you give me some input on the differences you have seen in the two breeds. thanks elton
Dan,
I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm not in Alberta. Good luck on your plans to visit Alberta.
Howdy-
I grew up in Storm Lake but most of my family is around Rockwell City. I live in Grimes so its a small jaunt. I'm fighting a cold right now so haven't decided how this last weekend will come together, but hoping to take Friday off. I had a great year going up to Thanksgiving, then between a deer season, a funeral, and other crap I hadn't been out until this last Saturday. Saw quite a few birds but definitely acting "late season". Where are you located and how has your year gone? I often can use someone to hunt with....
Curt
Bill--are you hunting out of Yuma this year? Rene and I are thinking of coming up sometime in January, probably before end of January.
Sounds good. Looks like we are gonna hunt our way SE tomorrow and then start home tomorrow evening. Hope to be back next year. Ice fishing sounds interesting to me, always wanted to do that. By the way, my name is Chuck Long and my number is 8702360911 if you ever need anything from Arkansas. I work for our Game and Fish and do conservation education. Once again, thanks for checking in with us.
unless you are talking about the fact that you have hunted pheasants for that long and wool gloves are the best. haha. guess depends on how you read it
Sir,
Thank you for your reply and offer to help us out. Could we chat on the phone when it is convenient? I can call you, or you can call me. My cell is 757-646-6080.
Thank you!
Bill
Yes Sir. It was a great chat. I will stay in touch. I will be up for the next couple weeks. Not sure what your days off are but let me know and maybe we can get together when I get back from Nebraska.
Enjoyed our chat today !!! Honestly think we feel the Same about many Topics. Like said if you don't mind an old crippled give me a shout. Sometime if not no worries best of Luck to you. Our paths might Cross again just look for the Sticker 😳
Back