Your next possible gun purchase

I am dreaming when ready to get either a Cesar Gurini or a Kimber OH, but I just got the Cortona so that will be a while.

I would love to find an H&K 223 auto for Coyotes. My dad had one for years and it was an awsome gun. Kept it's acuracy even as an auto. They quit making them.
And I would like to get a Rem 7mm mag Stainless. That will most likely be the first and most reasonable. And since there is now a chance to run in to a wolf who wants to eat your dog while grouse hunting, I am getting my first side arm ever, a Glock 9mm.:D

Hey Ken, before you buy that Glock 9mm you might want to consider a .40 S&W. It's a little more firepower than the 9mm. This summer I bought a Springfield XDM in .40 S&W. Nothing wrong with a Glock. The Springfield just fit me better. I went and shot each at a gun store with an indoor range before buying and I'm really glad I did. Maybe we should get together for a day of pheasant hunting and I'll bring the XDM along for you to try?? :)

Hey Waterdog09--we think alike. I've already got the 12 GA camo Maxus in 28" and I love it. A Cynergy or Citori 12 GA 28" Feather would be a great addition. I'd give up my Citori 12 GA 28" White Lightning then. It doesn't get out much due to it's weight now that I've got the 7 lb Maxus.
PairOfLabs

Yep, i bought a MODB Maxus and a Franchi Rainasance 12g i figure i have it all covered, might get the 20g franchi next, they are wicked light

........ I am getting my first side arm ever, a Glock 9mm.:D

You might consider getting a 40 cal Glock. You can then also buy a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for a little over $100 so you will have two calibers with one gun. 9mm is cheaper to shoot and reload, and thus practice with. You can then change back to the 40 cal barrel when you carry. The 40 cal magazines will work with the 9mm, but I went ahead and purchased separate 9mm mags to avoid any confusion.

So I thought about a bennelli legacy 28 and decided maybe its a bit expensive for my brush busting quail ventures and the falls that can happen while chukar chasing. Now I'm more interested in a franchi 48al 28ga. I've never shot a semi so maybe that would be a better gun to see if I like it. Does anyone shoot a 48al or know someone who does? How do you like it?

Hey Ken, before you buy that Glock 9mm you might want to consider a .40 S&W. It's a little more firepower than the 9mm. This summer I bought a Springfield XDM in .40 S&W. Nothing wrong with a Glock. The Springfield just fit me better. I went and shot each at a gun store with an indoor range before buying and I'm really glad I did. Maybe we should get together for a day of pheasant hunting and I'll bring the XDM along for you to try?? :)

I'm game, any good areas by camby you want to go back to. All cattail hunting here now. We can hit one friends 80 by Montivideo not too far from there.

I'm saving for a sxs 16 gauge for next season. Gonna have to save an double since the wife will want something of equal or greater value.

I bought a 16 ga. SxS this past summer and it's almost all I have used this season. I bought a BSA Classic which is the same gun as the TriStar Brittany. It's made by Zabala in Spain. There were some mixed reviews on this gun on the internet but it has functioned flawlessly for me and I love it. Mine has 26" barrels and a single selective trigger. BSA and TriStar no longer import this gun but I found one on the web that was new in the box for $750.

1556683_bsaclsc_03l.jpg
[/IMG]

safety

Yep, i bought a MODB Maxus and a Franchi Rainasance 12g i figure i have it all covered, might get the 20g franchi next, they are wicked light

Have you had a problem with the safety hanging up between top and bottom and not going off? Its like the old Browning I had problems with.

So I thought about a bennelli legacy 28 and decided maybe its a bit expensive for my brush busting quail ventures and the falls that can happen while chukar chasing. Now I'm more interested in a franchi 48al 28ga. I've never shot a semi so maybe that would be a better gun to see if I like it. Does anyone shoot a 48al or know someone who does? How do you like it?

Have the 48al in 20 gauge, Got it a few years ago and its my favorite gun to hunt with.

Been shopping for a o/u but haven't found the one thats going home with me yet. But I will say that the Franchi Renaissance 20 gauge has been on the radar.

I just pcked up a Renato Gamba Principessa 28ga SxS.
I've talked about getting a SxS 28ga for quail hunting for 20 years and my hunting buddy has really been on my butt to shut up already.
It's a very nicely made gun. Fit is excellent, nice walnut and hand cut checkering. Not overly fancy but a fine piece of work and not something I'm going to feel bad about actually hunting with, which was the point I think.

Only bad thing is the double trigger which I have no experience with but don't think it will be a big issue. Just might have to go buy some tweed to make the outfit complete.:)

Ditto! I just got this gun myself about a month ago and couldn't be happier with it. :10sign:

Semi-Auto...

I already own 3 O/Us (red label 12 and 20, 20 spartan). The 12 red label is my rooster workhorse. As I have gotten older, I have this odd desire to have more firepower at hand.:D

Therefore, I would say if I could splurge, it would have to be a 12 or 20 1100 special field with a straight english stock and a short barrel.

I think I could benefit from the extra shots...:eek:

Have you had a problem with the safety hanging up between top and bottom and not going off? Its like the old Browning I had problems with.

i havent shot it yet but i have heard when you switch barrels you need to usee posative presure to make sure its in the right spot, so i could not tell you

Back