Your Dream hunts, what are they?

Mostly just more upland birds.
Prairie grouse,partridge,quail,and some turkey hunting in different states. Basically just some different kinds of bird hunting than I've already done.

I'd also like to hunt wolves hopefully in Wi or Mn when/if it becomes legal.

Being fortunate to have hunted all over the US and a good measure of Canada, when young. I hope to feel good enough to repeat some of these again. So Ruffed Grouse and Woodcock in the UP of Michigan, Sandhills of Nebraska for sharpies and prairie chickens, I also hope for the recovery of bobwhites so I could have more truly memorable days full of covey flushes, and feel good about harvesting a few. I guess after my big game phase, I'm like Havilah Babcock, I don't need to shoot an elephant either.

Dream?

Grouse hunting on a good year of birds with the legs I had fifteen years ago, and the dog I had 10 years ago.

Dream, right?:D

I have never been duck hunting. I would like to go duck hunting with someone who is experienced and has all the gear.

My dream hunt would be to take about 2 months off work. I would hunt north through California hunting quail, pheasant, and chukar and maybe ruffies in the far northwest corner. From there I would hunt mountain grouse in Oregon and some more phes, quail, and chukar. Then into Idaho for partridge in the snake river gorge. Next I would head east for huns, sharps and sage grouse in Montana. Hunt pheasant and sharps south through NoDak and SoDak. Jump over to Kansas for a crack at bobs. The finally hunting through New Mexico and Arizona for scalies, mearns, and gambels quail. That would make my dogs and I very happy.

After that the only thing left on my list would be ptarmigan here in Cali and Alaska, quail and pheasant in Mexico and maybe a snow partridge in Nevadas ruby mountains.

Nothing to crazy.:D:cheers:

My biggest dream actually is to bag at least one of every upland bird in California and a brace of every quail species over my first bird dog JP.

Together we have taken doves, mountain quail, valley quail, gambels quail, chukar, ban tail pigeons, blue grouse, pheasants, and wild turkeys. All that is left in Ca are sage grouse, ruffs, and ptarmigan. As for the quail we only need scalies, mearns, and bobs. JP will be 4 come next season so we need to start crossing some more off the list.

Going after Dall Sheep sure would be fun!
No desire at all to hunt Africa.
I'm going to stick with reality. I know where there's some huge blocks of true native grasslands/badlands. Start out in Sept with the native grouse. Plenty of Huns hang out to.:) Last couple years got into more dove hunting. Sept there are plenty of Mourning doves and now the Asian doves are showing up on the prairie. Later on waterfowl at the stockponds. Going to do lots of pheasant hunting, haven't decided where all yet, MT ND for sure.
Mule Deer and Elk to, that will be MT. WT and turkey at home for sure.:thumbsup:

A mountain lion hunt behind some good hounds. Sounds weird but it's always something I've wanted to do.

I'd definitely like to do a moose and/or elk hunt some day... probably will never be able to afford both (or one for that matter).

Getting at least one of every upland bird in North America is a given (wild of course). Hopefully that happens.

I'm definitely gonna grand slam on the thunder chickens one of these days (although I doubt I can bag all four major subspecies in one year).

So much to hunt, so little money! :rolleyes:

I'd definitely like to do a moose and/or elk hunt some day... probably will never be able to afford both (or one for that matter).

Getting at least one of every upland bird in North America is a given (wild of course). Hopefully that happens.

I'm definitely gonna grand slam on the thunder chickens one of these days (although I doubt I can bag all four major subspecies in one year).

So much to hunt, so little money! :rolleyes:
l hear ya, I'm gonna do it. For sure the Elk. Hope to get out to CO before too dam long with cougarvan. Might be a couple years yet but I'm going. Then I have a big wig friend in the logging industry in Onterio that will take me out for the wild cows. So I just need to get off the pot and do it I guess. I have done the bird thing for years, so to dream a dream I have allready lived is old news. But still fun. I just want to do those two just once in my life. Got the bear hunt done back in 86.:thumbsup:

Moose for sure!!!! If I ever draw here!!!! Otherwise Alaska!!! Trophy Elk, should happen this year as I have 17 points, can't wait!!! Grizz would be puddin' on the pie!!! If I had money, would love to hunt the Horned critters of Africa!!!!! I have no need to hunt cats or Elephants there!!

2011_larry_moose_pics_301-1.jpg

Elk,moose and boar are on my list of hunts to do.

I would like to rough hunt grouse in Scotland.

Back