WARNING: Interweb Conspiracy

henhenROOSTER!!!

Tomorrow, Facebook will change its privacy settings to allow Mark Zuckerberg to come into your house while you sleep and eat your brains with a grapefruit spoon. To stop this from happening go to Account> Home Invasion Settings> Cannibalism> Brains, and uncheck the "Tasty" box. Please copy and repost.... :eek: :D :p :rolleyes:

Tomorrow, Facebook will change its privacy settings to allow Mark Zuckerberg to come into your house while you sleep and eat your brains with a grapefruit spoon. To stop this from happening go to Account> Home Invasion Settings> Cannibalism> Brains, and uncheck the "Tasty" box. Please copy and repost.... :eek: :D :p :rolleyes:

HHR when I first saw this I was sure Coot posted it. Thanks for the warning but I terminated my facebook account about a month ago. And Twitter shortly after that. It just ain't right man! Did you hear about formspring? How can a kid grow up normal these days?

But my brains are "tasty".:eek::D

My brain has no food value........Bob

h,h,R do you know what's changing over there that's not in place now? Just curious:) --1pheas4

What's formspring? Never heard of it. Only reason I keep facebook is to pass time on my phone when work and this are slow. Twitter is nice to get updates from DU and PF, QF. I've thought about deleting my facebook account, especially looking at other jobs, but it is a good time killer.

What's formspring? Never heard of it. Only reason I keep facebook is to pass time on my phone when work and this are slow. Twitter is nice to get updates from DU and PF, QF. I've thought about deleting my facebook account, especially looking at other jobs, but it is a good time killer.

VZW, I keard about formspring on ours news. Apparently it is a forum like deal where kids can go in and post anonymously and pretty much say whatever they wnat to about anybody and anything. It borders on predatory and is the new rage with kids and their parents can surpervise them like they can on facebook.

Also apparently Facebook was partly responsible for all the demonstrations and all the rallies and oustings of leaders in middle east. Used as communication tool Du Jour.

I have my Facebook shut down as well. Seems some people just can't play well with others. I have no yen to listen to friends bitch everyday.

Thanks for the warning but I terminated my facebook account about a month ago. And Twitter shortly after that.

I don't have anything interesting to say on Facebook. There are a few of my "Friends" that post 25 times a day. There's a point when it's just too much.

I was discussing the other day with a friend that his wife called him 40 times in a day on his cell. We were discussed, whate happened to the days that you would show up when you show-up?

He'll be looking alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for my brains:D

i refuse to face book, tweet, or text. iprefer to communicate live. voice mail even sucks. i set a record for me in november texting. sent 6 times my normal amount of text. did 7 in a month. was in a tree stand and had to text a viking fan to see how bad they were doing:rolleyes:

Haha, agree with that blackcloud. I use it because my age of friends all use it. Facebook, I think the last thing I put on was either about soldiers or cancer patients. Uguide, that thing sounds ridiculous. I spend enough time between internet at home, at work, and on my phone instant messaging that most folks would hate. I hate it myself, but it does help with work and selling phones.

I did add a data plan to my phone recently after I upgraded my phone.

Here's how this decision came down: I needed a new battery for my phone, had a Motorola Q that worked great but no data plan. I noticed I qualified for new phone upgraded credit thing. Knew nothing about new phones out there. Went to VZW store and picked out the Droid Pro. Decided to add data plan to phone for $29/month and downgrade my mobile broadband card plan from unlimited data for $60/month to 3GB for $30/month which paid for the data plan on phone. From Verizon's nice tracking stats I could tell I don't use more than 3GB per month.

Now I text like a banshee. Must be up to 10 texts a month. Got you beat BC. VZW man, how is that for a sales pitch?

BTW, the Droid rocks if for nothing more than Google search and Googles Navigator.

Too bad I can't use it for social networking:eek:

I might steal that from ya. You can't use it for social networking? There's always foursqaure. I personally like my blackberry better, except for the browser. My navigation seems lock on and be more accurate than my co-workers droids. I use mine to manage my 3 email accounts, a twitter account (to keep up on important hunting phone information), thinking about another twitter account to advertise for my dad's hardware store, blackberry messenger, web browsing, some facebook, and of course the weather.

I got a cell phone and I don't even have to pay for it:10sign: My other brother the smart one not BC:p never answers his so the wife put me on the plan cause I answer the phone:thumbsup:. I don't even know what most of the stuff you guys are talking about is. Does that make me a caveman?

You can't use it for social networking?

That was the rub. I choose NOT to use any of the social networking features. I prefer to remain casually "disconnected". ahhhhhhh!

Yeah, the big advantages besides Nav and Web is email which I can now respond better to on UGUIDE matters if I am away from my laptop.

Coot, that makes you "Captain Caveman". My hero.

LOL, my original start-up post on this thread was merely a little dry-humor comedy relief aimed toward paranoia & conspiracy theories about FB & social networking on the "interwebs" (HAHAHA)...Didn't know it would create such a stir! :eek: :D

I'm an old semi computer literate dinosaur too, but had to catch up w/the real world a little bit. Went from not even knowing how to turn a computer on or off 5-10 yrs ago - now have a Droid X smart-phone as well (& know how to use maybe half of what's on it)! :p

I do txt a lot nowadays - interaction w/teens & the college-age crew has taught me that little trick - they never answer their phone, but they'll shoot back a txt in a NY millisecond! I have also found it actually werks great in daily business - with cut-to-the-chase time saving communications as well.

Being a minister, I have unapologetically become quite the FB social-networker, even though both my 20'something sons BRUTALLY make fun of me for it all the time - they say us old folks have hijacked FB & use it way more than we used to get onto them for! :cool:

Heck, I don't care what anybody says - I have caught up with old high school buddies, friends I lost touch with 10-20 yrs ago - manage to keep in contact with family I'm not lucky enough to live nearby, friends on the mission field overseas & inner-city teens all grown up now who we once invested yrs of our life in (& all FOR FREE I might add, instead of expensive long-distance phone conversations).

Don't twitter or myspace, don't even want to know about any anonymous formspring, & this is my only hunting forum involvement - but hey, ain't UPH a "social network"??? :confused: I ain't socially deprived for the experience (actually to the contrary, socially enriched) - I still find plenty face-to-face time with peeps much closer to home - and I still know how to turn it all off & disappear in the woods or out on the prairie whenever I don't want to be found! :cheers:

Last edited:
Captain Caveman, I am in worse shape than you I don't even own a text type phone. So I'm really out of it. Do I care heck NO...........Bob

Haha, just wait. It's coming guys. Soon, no one will be talking. Just texting and instant messaging with a little video chat thrown in.

Back