UPH get together

And a good looking sheep she is! :D You sure you want to bring her?

Leave her at home yea right. She would beat me then take the dog and leave for Granite Falls.

@ Jeffstally Good luck to you. Hope the best for the family. Can't wait for pictures. :thumbsup:

PS training starting. I would love to have you come. Some week night that works and a weekend day. Sundays for a bit:D till I finish the project from you know where. Big job. Grateful for the work though. We all will have to get together later for a training fun day as well. When you dirt farmers are watching things grow and everyone is done competing.:thumbsup: Thats the last go for my dog this spring on that weekend.:( wish I could be there it sounds like a blast.:10sign:

As soon as things settle down around here I will definately come and run some dogs with you.

I am planning on attending the get together, but then I better lay low for a week or three.

I'm still waiting to hear from several members and will send them a PM today to see if they are coming.

I want everyone to remember the cost for the hunt at the Minnesota Heartland Preserve with be $70 ($17.50 per bird, 4 bird minimum).

The plan is still to meet at the preserve around 11:00 AM, have some lunch and time to get to know one another. As for the lunch. Because our group is quite small and the preserve does not have food available, goldeneye and I have decided to bring lunch for everyone. We are planning on Sloppy Joe's, chips, a brownie or some type of bar and some bottled water. We will just charge everyone enough to cover our expenses. Shouldn't be more than $4-5 a person. Cheaper than having something catered. Does that sound okay to everyone???

As we get closer next week I will post all the final details.

Zeb, not sure if this matters or not but my gun is at the cabin for turkey season and I won't have a dog since I will be coming from the farm so unless you guys NEED a shooter it looks like I will be a full time spectator. Hope that's alright. Feel free to put me to work with event tasks when I'm onsite.

Zeb, not sure if this matters or not but my gun is at the cabin for turkey season and I won't have a dog since I will be coming from the farm so unless you guys NEED a shooter it looks like I will be a full time spectator. Hope that's alright. Feel free to put me to work with event tasks when I'm onsite.

We will see when we get there but I'm sure we can find you a gun and someone to run their dog for you if you would like to shoot a few birds.

So i will be bringing soda and chips what kind of soda do you all like i was thinking Coke & Mtn. Dew if anybody likes anything else let me know ?

So i will be bringing soda and chips what kind of soda do you all like i was thinking Coke & Mtn. Dew if anybody likes anything else let me know ?

That will be fine with me.

@ UGUIDE shoot my gun I was thinking with all these pointing dogs I would like to see if my dog would back point if not I may want to work on that. So you can shoot my birds that would be great. (Don't miss there expensive:D)
Then if it works I would love to get a picture of the pup backing point.:thumbsup:

UPH Hunt - April 16th

Okay people here's the official scoop for this coming Saturday, April 16th.

Minnesota Heartland Preserve
Granite Falls, MN
Located 1 1/2 miles north of Hwy. 212 on Hwy 23. The lodge is on the west side of the Hwy. You can't miss it.
http://www.minnesotaheartlandpreserve.com/

Plan to arrive at 11:00 AM. We will have a "Meet & Greet", time for some lunch and then decide how we want to handle the hunts.

If anyone is interested in shooting a round of trap prior to the hunt that is available at the lodge also. I think $8 for a round of 25. Bring your own shells or they have some there. I think it would kind of fun to shoot a round prior to taking to the field.

Make sure to wear Blaze Orange. It is a requirement of the preserve.

Lunch will be served between 11:00 & Noon. Sloppy Joe's, chips, brownies and beverage (pop & water). Cost will $3. Can't beat that!

Remember, SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY! This can never be stressed enough.

Weather forecast at this time for Saturday is partly sunny, breezy and a high of 44.

Here is a list of who I have coming:
Dakotazeb
goldeneye
goldeneye's wife
GustavDaGSP
teal dog
Tbear
Tbear's girlfriend
Lazlo
jeffstally
fourtrax
UGUIDE
Dakota Swede
big jon

Anyone not on the list that wants to come, please do. Send me a PM or be there on Saturday.

Last edited:
I agree better for the dogs its just that time of the year when the weather changes in a second i thought it was funny i have been watching the weather sense before are first planned trip and its been like a roller coaster!
:cheers:

I love it:thumbsup: Nothing better than cold weather for the dog! That is also better than 70s I think I would just be watching at that point.

My thin skinned dog is made for 70 deg's. I love hunting in a T-shirt.

Hope the weather changes for the better again.

It really sucks the big one! :mad:

Here's the current forecast for Granite Falls for Friday and Saturday from the National Weather Service:

Friday: Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Breezy, with a east northeast wind between 17 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday: A chance of snow before 1pm, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Let's take a quick poll of those that are planning to come. Do you still want to do this, or not?

Back