Turkey Season

I bet when that Tom fired off right behind you, you about jumped. That feeling is one of the best things about turkey hunting. What a great story.
:cheers:

Well got the short film uploaded on youtube.

user name- Fitch9623

search 2014 Eastern KS turkey.

Real action starts at about 3:30.:D

Last edited:
Done in Kansas for 2014.

Well, I got to give it a go again yesterday morning in Jefferson County. Went to my buddies new place north of VF. Walked to where I suspected they were roosting and was right since I busted on out of a tree on the field edge by the creek. I sat up and give it hell for 3 hours hearing gobblers all around but none coming across the creek. So they were moving up a burned CRP pasture away from me:mad:. It was time to get creative since I was on a timeline to get home for the kids ballgame by noon.:eek:
I skirted the trees/ creek to a low water crossing and moved to their side of the creek. Just when I saw them the saw me and started heading back down the hill to where I just was:( So I then hightailed it back the way I came crossed the creek again and sat up behind my original spot 70 yards into the timber. I gave it 20 minutes then starting my calling. Two gobblers replied and then 10 minutes later my season was over.:10sign:

2nd bird 2014 10 inch bird small hooks but a damn tasty bird!:cheers:

PS.. pic on the CZ-USA Facebook page later today. I cant get crap to load on the page. :mad:

Nice work. Thats the way to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat.

I have not gotten out once this season. I was down to the farm the last 3 days in a row, and heard gobbling each evening. My priorities are fouled up :mad:

But I did hear a rooster pheasant crow to of those nights. He was in the wheat or in the pasture behind it. But this is the first time I have heard pheasants crowing on the place. We are not in prime pheasant country.

Nice work. Thats the way to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat.

I have not gotten out once this season. I was down to the farm the last 3 days in a row, and heard gobbling each evening. My priorities are fouled up :mad:

But I did hear a rooster pheasant crow to of those nights. He was in the wheat or in the pasture behind it. But this is the first time I have heard pheasants crowing on the place. We are not in prime pheasant country.

The Rooster news is great. I have been hearing quail while out and even flushed a covey on the 9th of April. ZI see a rooster from time to time in Jeff Co. but not like 20 yrs ago.

BTW long weekend ahead so get out and get your bird:thumbsup:

I did not get out after a turkey this weekend.
But did pull the SD card out of the game camera.

He would be worth shooting.
May14_34.jpg

Looks like a Bobcat.
May14_33.jpg

I did not get out after a turkey this weekend.
But did pull the SD card out of the game camera.

He would be worth shooting.
May14_34.jpg

Looks like a Bobcat.
May14_33.jpg

Need to get him with the BLAM Cam now. That Kitty could use some lead too. :eek:

You got till Saturday to get him. I am thinking I would be sick Friday with gobbler fever.

I measured both birds and ended up with a 10 inch & 11 inch beards this year. Hung them to my rearview like a brave with his scalp's on a horse. :D

Looks like a big cat. saw one last weekend, broad daylight, big old Tomcat.
I am sure it's not legal to shoot one, but sure would like to have a cat skin on the wall.

Back