Stock Market

david0311

Just for the heck of it—-looked up what the market DOW was in August 2015 when this post was originated—and some were in panic mode!
DOW was at—16528
Today even after the Kung-Fu virus dip it’s at 24505–
Been retired since 2003-
Not concerend��
Went hunting in 2015 in S.D. For a month with my beloved dog MISTY—hand great time-remember it well-First year full time guiding
Lost her six months ago—don’t remember what I was down in the market—and don’t give a damn—can’t compare money to those times
I’ll be going again with current dogs-regardless of market JMO

goldenboy

Just for the heck of it—-looked up what the market DOW was in August 2015 when this post was originated—and some were in panic mode!
DOW was at—16528
Today even after the Kung-Fu virus dip it’s at 24505–
Been retired since 2003-
Not concerend��
Went hunting in 2015 in S.D. For a month with my beloved dog MISTY—hand great time-remember it well-First year full time guiding
Lost her six months ago—don’t remember what I was down in the market—and don’t give a damn—can’t compare money to those times
I’ll be going again with current dogs-regardless of market JMO
David, how are you doing buddy? What have you heard from the place where you guide this spring? Are they seeing much for birds? Were they able to get crops out of the field over winter and spring? I will have three trained dogs this fall and looking to guide when and where I can! Keep me in mind.

Natrion

Well I am not into stock market but I have a very good friend who earns his money from it. As far as I know this virus situation gave him a lot of opportunities to buy stocks of major companies at a really low price and 1 month later he already made some income because they went up in prices. He has a good life I must say, he is now in his Thai home property

Charlie. You realize you resurrected a 5 year old thread. Regardless...kinda funny the OP was fretting about a 500 point dump in 2015. That's kinda ho-hum news in 2020.

Let's see, I believe it was in Dec 2018 when it took a dip and everyone worried or was it 2017. Whatever, I told my money manager that I was conservative and I looked to spend money on hunting trips so leave me enough. I haven't looked at the bottom line in the last 6 months and won't for another 6 months if than. My only concern right now is if I will be able to drive through Canada to go hunting this fall. It's only money and the dogs and my family are worth more at this stage of my life. Now if I was in my 40's I would be worried more.

the market bottomed on 3/23/20 or so, and is up over 40% since then...we're not back to the highs of 2020 but we are positive on the year for most portfolio's...whether it is warranted or not, the market is very much looking forward, and exhibiting signs of a recovering economy...I worry that a resurgence in Covid could knock things back, but the market thinks otherwise...all this taught me, again, is to be diversified and not to panic...a steep drop only creates bargains, and investors will step in to buy...maybe not right away, which did happen this time, but eventually those bargains are too attractive to pass up...in this case it took the Fed to promise to backstop the economy/markets to give investors that confidence...the thing that scared me the most was the behavior of the credit markets...there was some freezing up there, and that always bodes ill for the overall economy/market...that was what the Fed was pinpointing back in March...anyway, for now, all seems pretty well...