Rising Costs

Can someone explain to me why it appears okay for us to burn Russian oil, or mid-eastern oil but we are forbidden from tapping into all the oil and natural gas we are sitting on. If we opened up oil and gas production we could supply ourselves and Europe and not have to rely on foreign sources.
That is inaccurate information. We actually do not rely on any foreign oil or natural gas anymore. Most of our oil is currently coming out of the Permian Basin in western Texas.

Oil and natural gas are globally-traded commodities. Therefore, something that occurs on the other side of the planet is very likely going to affect the initial cost of it where it originates too. Ask any economist and they will confirm it for you. You'd have to live with your head buried in the sand to think that one single politician or group of politicians can single-handedly dictate the cost of such an item.

I am pushing 60 and I love walking and hunting. Generally I will walk a 1/2 mile section by walking completely around the section. That's 1.5 miles. I will do 4 or 5 in the morning and then try to hit 3 or 4 in the afternoon. That's dog work.
If you get in the middle of a peice of ground you can find some good cover and maybe some cocks. In my area, i'd have a hard time finding that many public spots in a day.

Plan on making our 1600 mile journey from Mass in Nov. Hoping something shakes lose with the price of fuel as we only get about 14mpg in or hunting van. Either way we are going.

That is inaccurate information. We actually do not rely on any foreign oil or natural gas anymore. Most of our oil is currently coming out of the Permian Basin in western Texas.
Where have yo gotten this info? To say we do not rely on any foreign oil is incorrect.

Where have yo gotten this info? To say we do not rely on any foreign oil is incorrect.
Directly from the Energy Department. I may not have been specific enough in my initial response. We do produce more than we use on a regular basis, but we're still importing a fair amount of oil, especially from Canada.

In early December 2018, it was reported that the US had turned into a net exporter of oil "last week", thus breaking nearly 75 continuous years of dependence on foreign oil. Reportedly, the US sold overseas a net of 211,000 barrels a day of crude and refined products such as gasoline and diesel. Even though the energy statistics from the EIA may indicate that U.S. oil exports have frequently exceeded imports since the beginning of last year, it really isn't self-sufficient yet.

Directly from the Energy Department. I may not have been specific enough in my initial response. We do produce more than we use on a regular basis, but we're still importing a fair amount of oil, especially from Canada.

In early December 2018, it was reported that the US had turned into a net exporter of oil "last week", thus breaking nearly 75 continuous years of dependence on foreign oil. Reportedly, the US sold overseas a net of 211,000 barrels a day of crude and refined products such as gasoline and diesel. Even though the energy statistics from the EIA may indicate that U.S. oil exports have frequently exceeded imports since the beginning of last year, it really isn't self-sufficient yet.
That report is 4 years old.

Here's another chart. We are producing less now than we were 2 years ago.

Oil and natural gas are globally-traded commodities. Therefore, something that occurs on the other side of the planet is very likely going to affect the initial cost of it where it originates too. Ask any economist and they will confirm it for you. You'd have to live with your head buried in the sand to think that one single politician or group of politicians can single-handedly dictate the cost of such an item.
Like Carp Tom said..
Here we go ..name calling..one up man ship..I’m smarter than the next guy.
Good god go to a political site ..if want that crap🤮

ike Carp Tom said..
Good god go to a political site ..if want that crap
I agree, I'm not trying to go down that route anymore. I'll leave it at that.

Like Carp Tom said..
Good god go to a political site ..if want that crap🤮
You can run to a polical site if you want, but politics have absolutely everything to do with hunting, land management, agriculture, etc. Who determines the farm bill?

You can run to a polical site if you want, but politics have absolutely everything to do with hunting, land management, agriculture, etc. Who determines the farm bill?

But what are you solving by bringing it onto a hunting site? We all have one thing in common which is a love of dogs and bird hunting. Why must you always make your point by trying to put others down? We all have other interests, beliefs and things that are important to us. I like my women with a little meat on them, maybe you like yours on the skinny side. Who really cares. I can tell you like dogs and hunting, why can’t we just stick with that? I personally don’t care I will figure out a way to go one way or another. Maybe me and my wife will have to eat salads for a couple months this fall

But what are you solving by bringing it onto a hunting site? We all have one thing in common which is a love of dogs and bird hunting. Why must you always make your point by trying to put others down? We all have other interests, beliefs and things that are important to us. I like my women with a little meat on them, maybe you like yours on the skinny side. Who really cares. I can tell you like dogs and hunting, why can’t we just stick with that? I personally don’t care I will figure out a way to go one way or another. Maybe me and my wife will have to eat salads for a couple months this fall
First, I did not put anyone down and don't appreciate you saying so. Second, as hunters we need to pay attention to what is going on. In Kansas, the state legislature and commissioners decide every thing that governs hunting regulations. To ignore that would be absolutely ridiculous. We need to attend commissioner meetings, we need to be involved. Like it or not, as sportsman and conservationist, it is our job to carry the torch. Pheasants Forever does do a good job of keeping us informed on what goes on in D.C. Third, if you don't like my posts, don't read them and move on. This is a discussion forum, to discuss everything about hunting. Unfortunately, politics rule what we love to do. Politics have ruined hunting in the state of Kansas. I will always voice my opinions after what legislature did to us in 1995. Governor Mike Hayden was a horrible thorn in the side of all hunters in this state, be it resident or non resident. Now we have state representative Ken Corbett who brings house bill after house bill to line his own pockets thru hunting regulations. He has brought back transferrable tags, again. Many people on here ask what they can do to be involved. They want contact info so they can email our senators and representatives. They email the KDWP and want ideas on what to say to them. You ask the question, I gave you the answer. If you don't like it, don't reply.

Last edited:
Back