Pheasant Fest and Quail Classic 2012 - Kansas City Feb 17-19

Spence

Who all is planning on going this year? I bitched and moaned about it being the last weekend of Kansas Pheasant Season last year and i did not attend, because I was of course hunting instead. Apparently someone was listening, and moved it to mid-feb.

Last year we tried to organize a Kansas meet/great/hunt deal, which kinda seemed to fall through. I think this is pretty good opportunity to get all the Kansas guys and whoever else wants to make the trip down together.

Anybody have any other ideas? Lunch? Skeet shoot? etc... Just thought I'd throw it out there, be nice to put a face to some names.

http://www.pheasantfest.org/page/1/PheasantFest.jsp

Last edited:
The meet/greet last year fell through b/c of me not being able to get off work (I started it, then couldn't follow through with it:eek::mad:). Though I've got a better chance of getting w/e's off now, I'm not doing that to the group again. I do plan to be at pheasant fest. I'm also game for meeting up somewhere to shoot skeet or drink a few :cheers:

Yes, being able to put faces with names is nice. Again, I'm game for whatever the group decides:thumbsup:

Sounds cool...I may load the wifey, the dogey, the chevy and head that way. I have some time coming and Feb is a slow month in the school biz.

Instead of organizing a group meet and to keep from having a zillion posts; what if we got webguy to put up some sort of sign in sheet where we could check it or possibly post contact information other than PM's??? Just a thought...

I'm really wanting to go, but a division conference the week before and LE training the week after would put the wife tending dogs for over 2 weeks by herself in February. Not sure I can stand the payback! Might just try to marathon in one day or something.

My wife and I and a buddy and his wife will be leaving after work that Friday night and making it to the Saturday doin's. We're traveling from Central Illinois.

Might go since it's close and after the season.

Only 5 min from house. Im sure ill be there..:D

given my current employment status i may be able to talk the boss into letting me off to go oh wait hell yea i'm my own boss and i can do whatever i please i will make every attempt to be there especially if i get the chance to show you up at shooting spence ol buddy :D

given my current employment status i may be able to talk the boss into letting me off to go oh wait hell yea i'm my own boss and i can do whatever i please i will make every attempt to be there especially if i get the chance to show you up at shooting spence ol buddy :D

Man you must shoot good! On a different thread Spence said he could shoot the eyes out of a pheasnt at 60 paces:D Maybe he could show me the .22 and the aspirin trick. I have a couple bricks of .22's:)

he does shoot pretty good and i would put my money on him anyday and the 22 and asprin trick is easy a hard one is laying the bottle on its side and opening it without destroying the bottle when you master that one then you should be on television

Man you must shoot good! On a different thread Spence said he could shoot the eyes out of a pheasnt at 60 paces:D Maybe he could show me the .22 and the aspirin trick. I have a couple bricks of .22's:)

lol, figured that was coming. I'll bring the aspirin! :D

Just bumping this up again...

I'm there! I like JMC's idea about a sign in sheet.

I know e-Vite works pretty good for coordinating parties and that may be an option too but if webguy has a better idea and we can keep it on the site then I am all for it.

I'm really wanting to go, but a division conference the week before and LE training the week after would put the wife tending dogs for over 2 weeks by herself in February. Not sure I can stand the payback! Might just try to marathon in one day or something.

Wives can be pricey, can't they????

Sounds cool...I may load the wifey, the dogey, the chevy and head that way. I have some time coming and Feb is a slow month in the school biz.

BTW, there are some gun stores in KC, so bring some more of your children's inheritance. ;)

I am planning on being at Pheasant Fest and would welcome the opportunity to meet up with folks!

Mike C.

You guys need to find Mike and help support Pass It On - Outdoor Mentors by purchasing raffle tickets for the 2012 Gun-A-Week drawing, which starts in March 2012.

Tickets on sale now and they make wonderful Christmas presents.

Here is the site-
http://outdoormentors.org/

Last edited:
I'm hoping to attend. I have entered my 3 year old Brittany in the Bird Dog Parade they have to open the event on Friday. She's the first Brittany on the list so I have a good chance of getting her in. I thought if I was coming I might as well show off the dog.

I think it would be a great idea if we could have a "Meet and Greet" some place during the Fest. Let's keep trying to make this happen.

She's in the Parade!!

I found out this afternoon that Elle and I will be in the Bird Dog Parade on Friday that will kick off the start of Pheasant Fest.

I have contacted webguy about helping us with a sign-up sheet and a "Greet & Meet" in Kansas City. Any of you Kansas/Missouri guys that would like to put together a "Meet & Greet" get-together shoot me a PM. Looking forward to meeting more of you guys.

Back