NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

Agree, it needs to slow down and stabilize so it warms up. The Siberian lows keep slamming into AK and pushing the continental high over us. Freeze warnings in ND for the 18th of May. Wowza

Precip map for 5:15PM today. Still rain in area.

20150519WX515PM_zpskvtwyxot.jpg

Such nice rain!! May not be the best timing, but there will be plenty of cover and bugs.... Glad to see this drought turning around for the farmers and the wildlife!!:thumbsup:

hens should be on the nests right now........need some dry times to keep the hatch viable.........but rain is good here.

Had .48 yesterday morning and it showered a bit ago while I was scooping pens. We're up to 4.29 for the month!

Dumped 0.95" yesterday morning, bringing me up to 7.15 for the year.

My son was turkey hunting this morning. Gobblers were willing to stay in the roost tree longer than he was able to endure the rain.

I had 1.73 yesterday! That brings the total for the year to 11.88. You have to stand on a stump to pee so it doesn't run over into your knee boots:) My buddy showed up at the house yesterday afternoon and said there was a bearded guy in a big wooden boat at the river bridge loading wildlife two by two! I should have run over and let him know that the incidence of rabies was high this year! I expect his boss is up on it! God bless our vets and their families today and forever!!!

The playas around Dodge are as big or bigger than I have ever seen. Some of these playas have been dry for years, if not decades. The weather bureau is assessing them.

A local meteorologist with the weather bureau had told me back in January that our weather was changing and to expect cooler and wetter weather for the next few years. Maybe he is correct.

Currently there is high stream flows here and local flooding. Huge snow packs in Colorado will add to stream flows there and into Kansas.

You should probably slow down on the rain dancing for a bit!:thumbsup:

Back