New Moderators

Oh No their banning birds again:D Calm down guys They haven't even picked any yet. I would like to take this time to THANK the four that are retiring:10sign: The mods on here are the best on any hunting forum I have been on:10sign: Peta mods are kinda angry:)

Coot LOL PETA mods are kinda angry. ROFLOL. :10sign:

Come on guys this thread has been High jacked lets wait and see who the new mods are and keep it on the Nice Nice.:thumbsup:

Now that's funny stuff right there, I don't care what ya say:D:D

I tried to be nice and stay on a even playing field with him, but his comment was not needed, and he can sit on the bench for a bit, just as Bo Jackson did..

If the Sooner win the bowl game, would you let him back in for a couple days. :thumbsup:

I disagree, it is needed. I brought it up, as there is only a few of us. The guys or members rather to be slated as new moderators are Jmac, 1pheas4, kismet, and jsdriggs. Every user signed up is gone over and checked out with ip and user names for spam for one. And some threads get out of control. There is good flow here because it is handled in a good way. As we talked about this we pointed out there has only been I think 3 or 4 people banned, well now 5. So it is pretty mellow compared to many sites. And here people can converse knowing for the most part, that not every single post will get slammed by some other member. It will be nice to have the other guys helping out. I believe they will do a great job and keep this site a real good place to BS.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I disagree, it is needed. I brought it up, as there is only a few of us. The guys or members rather to be slated as new moderators are Jmac, 1pheas4, kismet, and jsdriggs. Every user signed up is gone over and checked out with ip and user names for spam for one. And some threads get out of control. There is good flow here becauseit is handled in a good way. As we talked about this we pointed out there has only been I think 3 or 4 people banned, well now 5. So it is pretty mellow compared to many sites. And here people can converse knowing for the most part, that not every single post will get slammed by some other member. It will be nice to have the other guys helping out. I believe they will do a great job and keep this site a real good place to BS.:thumbsup:

Hot dawg two black Lab guy's. I guess we will have to find a replacement for Driggs in the pick em next year coot. He won't want to play with us commoners:D Wouldn't work anyway. When I start winning again, he would just find a reason to put me on the bench for a month:D. Seems like 4 pretty good choices. Sorry coot looks like your out.

I hear ya Carp. We never had a Mod play the most awesome nfl pick em game:( I suppose they'll brain wash JSD to not hang around common folk like us:( I won't be around long anyways with Mac Daddy as Mod:( I'll last about as long as the vikings in the playoff hunt:D

Over regulated forums never grow large nor stay as active and this place is going that way,maybe that's what you guys want.

That can be the case for under moderated sites too Wisturk.

Anyway, I think everything will be fine around here.:) Overall UPH has a good "self-regulating" culture. Yeah we get a spicy one here and there, but all-and-all "over-moderating" has never been necessary.

Besides, we all have jobs and in my case a few little ones running around too. How much do you think we can get done anyway:D:cheers:

Nick

Over regulated forums never grow large nor stay as active and this place is going that way,maybe that's what you guys want.

I would respectfully disagree with you. From what I have seen UNDER REGULATED forums are the ones that have the problems and eventually disappear. This forum is far from over regulated. I think all us mods to a great job of keeping it civil and running properly so all can enjoy. Once in awhile we get a bad member and we have to deal with it. Just so happens there have been a couple of those recently. Judging by the number of new members we approve on a daily basis I think this forum is growing quite nicely.

;)

LOL, well there sure is lots of activity on here for that theory to hold water.:D
:cheers: There is no better forum out there, where you can post like here. Others are made up of so many clashing entities that all it is is internet tough guys yelling at eachother. Bird watchers and bird hunters trying to get along so to speak. The rest are dead sails. Not here.:thumbsup: It is not over moderated at all. Only a very few would say that, and that reason is somewhat clear.;) I would say we delete a few nasty things a month is about it. Rarely, hardly ever ban a user. Very seldom is a thread closed unless it is against rules. Political, too heated etc. So if that's over doing it, feel free to start another site.:thumbsup:

Say what. Nobody asked me to play Ffl!!? I had two kick ss teams this year. Dauntee culpepper, Bo Jackson , randy moss, Terrell Owens, Herschel walker and Leslie Frazier! I kicked butt let me tell you!

Yep we had UPH FFball a couple times. May have to do it again. You are free to keep you current squad LOL:cheers:

Guys I think this site is the best for pheasant hunting, all I'm saying is to much moderation is not a good thing and hopefully uph doesn't go down.

I see a steady flow of new enthusiastic members.
Makes a guy feel good to moderate new prospective UPH members then see them become good contributors.
There's a couple hundred of You. :)
One of the best parts of being a Mod.

Yeah UPH is growing rapidly, Mods are doing things correctly.
Looking forward to the new "Fearsome Foursome":thumbsup:

If there is interest in UPH Fantasy Football, We can get it going again.

About Mid August. :cheers:

Back