Minnesota Twins

Dakotazeb

I was ready for a great season from the Twins after last year's good showing. WOW! What a disappointment. That game today was the coup de gras. What a bunch of pathetic losers. The starting staff has actually been very good but the rag arms in the bull pen can't maintain a lead late in the game. How long are they going to keep throwing May out there before they realize the guy just doesn't have it. Jepsen has been terrible and I really think Perkins is done. I'm even starting to question some of Molitor's decisions. Like why did he take O'Rourke out with a lefty relief pitcher coming to bat and put Tonkin in. And Bruno has got to do something positive with these hitters soon or he needs to go. 38 strikeouts in 2 games. Come on! I know it's early in the season and I'll probably be eating crow by the end of May, but something needs to turn this team around soon or they might put up the worst record in team history.

One very frustrated Twins fan! :mad:

We watch alot of their games, and agree it is getting tuff to do! Yesterday's game was a real let down after taking a lead twice, and not finishing with a win. Watching a 5+ hour game to lose on an error sure takes the desire to keep watching them away.

Guess its not like being a Royals fan now-a-days :cheers:

We sure had to wait a long time for this.

Baseball in Missouri is pretty awesome! Cardinals fan for life! Am a Royals fan too despite the 85 series. Happy to see them cleaning house with a low budget. The twins will turn things around. The pitchers are always ahead of the hitters in the beginning. I think they have a good lineup and fielding roster but that pitching staff needs some work. May does need to go. Dont know why they keep him around. They dont have money invested in him. And gotta love George Brett. Anyone seen his youtube video of him telling the story about crapping his pants in vegas. Hilarious!!

I think the Twins will turn it around, they always suck in April. They have to good a roster and are very deep in the minors with young talent. I am convinced Molitor will find the winning combo. A nice win last night will hopefully jump start them.

The Twins SUCK! What a super disappointing year after last year and all the hype for 2016. And it doesn't look like there is any fix in sight. After Hugh's start tonight I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the DL. Something is not right with him. The team ERA is soaring and the hitting is still not where it needs to be. Fien is also stinking it up tonight and has all season. And someone explain to me why Molitor is playing Murphy who is now patting .079 with 2 strikeouts tonight. There isn't a better backup catcher in their system? :mad:

Bottom of the 5th, Twins down 9-4, bases loaded, 2 out and Murphy is due up. Batting .079 and already struck out twice tonight. Great spot for a pinch hitter wouldn't you think. NOT! Murphy pops up to left field. Molitor and his managing this year has really been questionable. Going to be another long year Twins fans. A very, very long year.

Oh, and after tonight they go to the White Sox who have the best record in the AL and will face 3 starters with records of 6-0, 4-0 and 4-1. Get the brooms out Sox fans.

The Twins SUCK! What a super disappointing year after last year and all the hype for 2016. And it doesn't look like there is any fix in sight. After Hugh's start tonight I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the DL. Something is not right with him. The team ERA is soaring and the hitting is still not where it needs to be. Fien is also stinking it up tonight and has all season. And someone explain to me why Molitor is playing Murphy who is now patting .079 with 2 strikeouts tonight. There isn't a better backup catcher in their system? :mad:

I imagine he's still trying to justify the hicks trade. Plus they think since he came from the yankees org that he is a god among men. Not the case IMO. Hicks throwing 105mph from the outfield got everyone all hyped up. Neither guy can hit their way out of a glass house.

As if a 7-17 record wasn't bad enough. Now they start May 1-6. They have played just 31 games and are already 15 games under .500. This is getting beyond UGLY! Think I'm going to have to stop watching for awhile as it's getting too painful. Any Twins fans see this turning around?

It is pretty clear the Twins are lacking the leadership Tori Hunter provided. Not sure anyone can step up and fill his shoes. The best thing about this season is some young guys are going to get some major league seasoning. I thought the Twins would have started to turn it around by now but dang the White Sox really took it to them.

It is pretty clear the Twins are lacking the leadership Tori Hunter provided. Not sure anyone can step up and fill his shoes. The best thing about this season is some young guys are going to get some major league seasoning. I thought the Twins would have started to turn it around by now but dang the White Sox really took it to them.

I think you may have a part of the problem. I forgot about Tori Hunter. They really do lack for a veteran leader. God knows it's not Mauer. We just have too many young players that too much was expected from. And while the pitching was fairly good early on it is now reverting back to previous years. The team ERA is now the worst in the AL. A high ERA, a lack of hitting and a so-so defense makes for a losing season. The Twins record for losses in a season is 105. If something doesn't turn things around soon that record could fall.

Back