Minnesota Twins

Yup, worst 32 game start (8-24) in franchise history. Not sure what they are going to do for a closer. Jepsen has been a bust this year and Perkins wasn't any better before going on the DL. But when you don't score many runs there isn't much need for a closer. Again, way too many strikeouts. Arcia couldn't hit a high fastball if his life depended on it. And now Mauer is in a slump and back to his striking out. Mauer's average in down to .291 and will probably be back in the .270's like the past couple years.

Their batting has been so bad I find myself hoping someone gets hit by a pitch so we can have a base runner. Lol I know that's bad, but what is one to do.

Orioles ripped the Twins again this afternoon 9-2. My, oh my, what has happened. A promising season has quickly become a disaster. Wonder when the heads will start to roll! :eek:

The train is definitely off the tracks! I was hoping Molitor would have a good season, because he seems like a class act. I guess having Gardenhire back as a consultant didn't do much for them.

Good Lord! It just keeps getting worse. Is there anyone in the bullpen that can get someone out? I knew last night when Tonkin took the mound in the 7th that we were in trouble. 18 pitches, 3 hits, 3 earned runs and records 1 out. Then May was an absolute bust. He throws 9 pitches gives up 4 hits (2 homers), 3 earned runs and doesn't record an out.

I am kind of hoping Plouffe catches fire so we can trade himfor a proven reliever. I think it is basically a tryout for the future from here on out. Lots of talent still in the minors expect to see some new faces. I also think Hughes will go on the DL.

There isn't anyone catching fire. Dozier's average is down to .199 and hitting .115 over the last 7 games. Plouffe is hitting .245 but only .185 over the last 7 games. And then there is Mauer. Started the season well but went south in a hurry. Currently batting .260 but only .120 over the last 7 and .173 over the last 15 games.

Here's some of the others with their average listed for the last 7 games/15 games.

Park .120/.184
Arcia .045/.174
Sano .208/.179

Twins are batting just .220 in May. Won't win many games that way.

Saw them talking to Perkins today and he's not doing well. I'm sure he's done for the season and probably for his career. Jepsen had been horrible giving up at least 1 run every time he takes the mound and May has been even worse with an ERA of 14.4 over his last 7 appearances.

Definitely time to replace the GM and start over.

Last edited:
Here's a question. Who will be the Twins representative to the All Star Game this year?? At this point there isn't one player on the Twin's roster that deserves a spot on the All Star Team. The only possibility I can think of would be Abad with his 0.56 ERA in 16 innings with 15 SO's.

Hey there is life left in this team! They are working sweeping a number 1 seated team. Mariners stands were pretty full, they thought they were coming to see an easy win, and I thought they were right! Lol

The Twin's remind me of the Royals of 6-7 years ago. A few good players but a lot of un-tapped talent. At some point it will come together. I think Molitor will be a good manager if they don't run him off first. The white sox have been bit the last two days here in KC. 7 runs in the ninth for an 8-7 KC win. What a game. As always the Sox will under achieve. The Indians are the one to beat this year.

If he keeps it up I think Nunez could make the All star team. He has been very consistent hitter this year. He is sitting at .338 after today's game. Nice to see the team get some wins. Jespen is scary.

WOW! 4 in a row and a sweep of the Mariners. Of course Jepsen and the Twins got very lucky last night on the weird double play. Jepsen has been absolutely terrible. His last 7 games in 7.0 innings pitched he has given up 12 hits and 5 earned runs. And the stats for his last 22 games aren't any better. At some point the Twins have to give up on him and find a closer.

After today I'm throwing in the towel. I have to quit watching these bums. What a pathetic bunch. I think the only answer is for Pohlad to sell the team and a new owner clean house and start all over. Unless ownership is willing to go out and buy some pitching there is no hope. That's been the story for the past 6 years or more and nothing has changed. All they do is bring in some retreads and guys from the minors and expect to win. Ain't going to happen. With a current record of 18-43 they are on pace to lose 114 games. Anyone see anything that's going to change that? I don't. :mad:

Time to sit Mauer on the bench!! He's batting .083 over his last 7 games, .143 over the his last 15 games and .214 over his last 30 games. I sure wish there was a way the Twins could rid themselves of him and move on.

Man, am I good or what?? :) All I have to do is post something negative about a Twins player and they respond in a positive way. Since my post about Mauer a few days ago he's started hitting the ball again. 7 for 13 in the last 3 games. If you think someone else needs a little boost just let me know and I'll post something negative about them. :D

Back