Meet River

Miforester

This is River or Rivers as my wife calls her. She is out of Prairie Drifters Setters, Trapper and Birch litter. She is 8 weeks old and i'm looking forward to working with a another breed with a tail.....:10sign:

Beautiful pup, congrats.:thumbsup:

Fine look pup , I like the markings on her face . Keep us posted on her progress and send some pics in a couple months , they grow up fast . Congrts !!!

You are definitely going to have fun with her! Please do keep us posted with pictures as she grows:cheers:

Fantastic looking pup! Very smart looking.

Last edited:
That is about a cute as they get. Isn't Bella going to be jealous? You will have to stop on your way through Watertown this fall so I can meet her. I'll buy the coffee at McDonalds!

That is about a cute as they get. Isn't Bella going to be jealous? You will have to stop on your way through Watertown this fall so I can meet her. I'll buy the coffee at McDonalds!

Oh yeah Bella is the jealous one, pecking order being established will attach a photo later of the two playing nice with tug-o-war on a sock. Those moments so far are fleeting. I will take you up on the coffee at McDonalds.......:cheers:

The one fleeting moment of playing together....hope there are more. My lab likes to drag River around the living room.

Bella's a great looking Britt, but I am biased.

Bella's a great looking Britt, but I am biased.

Thanks, she is a great Britt. I'm just as biased as you are, my second desired breed has always been setters so the wife gave the green light and we took the plunge......don't know why prairie drifter wouldn't dock her tail for me :D

A pic from today River helping me cruise timber.....

Quite the fur crew you have there. Congratulations on the cute new pup.
Tom

Well Rivers first season is in the books and she had a great first fall in the field in my opinion. Her registered name is Prairie's River Birch, to busy during the season to file her paperwork and finally didn't in January.

Because of her age and size, I only hunted her a total of 8 hours in the grouse woods this fall and she hunted 19 hours in SD. I keep nerdy notes/stats for all my dogs and hunts and I will bore you with her details. I only count initial bird flushes and only flushes that either result from a point or the dog bumping the bird. Grouse numbers river had 4 good points with a total of 13 birds flushed, we did have numerous reflushes but I don't track those. My shooting sucked with her and I didn't kill a grouse over her. Woodcock she had 8 produced points, 22 flushes and I killed 3 birds. She went out SD with me at just over 5 months and then our game farm hunt at 6 months. She had 9 productive point, 12 flushes and 9 pheasants killed over her, 8 of which came from the game farm where we only put 6 birds out for her. She did have one bump flash point in SD and I was able to kill the rooster, see video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcc7NCVzQwg&list=PLeEdg9Ly9NnQkT2IoegVdqPz00FMm_d9O&index=6

She has become a great part of the family and I think she will be a great dog in the field as well. She well get a lot of work this spring as the woodcock return home as well as pigeon work in the summer. I already counting the days till season open again and to my return trip to SD. If you cant tell pretty proud of her so far. Big thanks to Prairie Drifter for hooking me up with this great pup from his breeding.

The first picture is her first woodcock here in Michigan she was just over 4 months when grouse season started. Second pic was from out trip out to SD and third and fourth were from a pheasant farm in lower Michigan. The fourth pic is her first retrieve of a pheasant, I was pretty proud.

I missed this thread along the way... glad you updated... that pup is an absolute beauty! (Britt too)....

I missed it too! How did that Britt get in there? She had a good first season. Next season she will have her growth and Katie bar the door! Should be fun! Been working my 6 pack this week. I hope it keeps me young!!! Looking really good Tom!!!

Thanks Troy, the Brittany is the educator and hammer.....lol. River did have a great year and will be a fun spring working with her on pigeons and returning woodcock.

Back