Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

Apache

10321045_10202475794680788_6430450055280997740_o.jpg

It was one of those 13 "Perfect" days in Wisconsin; pictures had to be taken.
Mick's about 10 y/o these days. :)

Kismet, is that a French Spaniel you have?

Jarbo - Nice shots! Sharptails? And Nice A5... makes me think I should swipe one from my dad's collection next time I'm home.

Here are a few from my most recent training.

68ca1ce4-0c14-4907-96f5-e4d24cc63366_zps48fa9b53.jpg

IMG_1394crop_zps9f19f874.jpg

Last edited:
Jarbo - Nice shots! Sharptails? And Nice A5... makes me think I should swipe one from my dad's collection next time I'm home.

Here are a few from my most recent training.

68ca1ce4-0c14-4907-96f5-e4d24cc63366_zps48fa9b53.jpg

IMG_1394crop_zps9f19f874.jpg

Thanks! Those are prairie chicken, no sharptails here in KS. Always a good time to shoot an A5, these are the first chickens I have taken with the Sweet 16. Hopefully this fall it will take some geese and a turkey, marking off the birds on its list.

That's a great pic.:cheers:

Thanks for the clarification, I haven't been west enough to get into chickens and sharpies. Some day... I'll have to improve my bird ID first though.

Kismet, is that a French Spaniel you have?

Hey Zeb, as far as I know, Mick is a field-bred English Springer Spaniel. His history is: Picked up by a pound in Southern Illinois, taken in by American Brittany Rescue, brought up to foster in Southern Wisconsin,he was shaved and neutered by them and adopted by me about five years ago. The Brittany folks estimated his age at 5 years, but could a bit older.

Tail never docked, dew claws intact. Behavior seems to indicate he was a farm or yard dog. He'd rather be outside, regardless of the weather. His feathering is full right now, but comes season, I'll be trimming him. He'd never hunted as far as I can tell, and from his reaction, have never seen a crik or a river; moving water made him suspicious. He loves it now.

He takes field commands nicely, and hups even in full stride after a moving bird (which surprised the heck out of me the first time. :) ) He pretty much ignores other dogs. Good bird finding and retrieving skills--if not to hand.

If I ask him if he is French, will he get snotty with me?
:D

Hey Zeb, as far as I know, Mick is a field-bred English Springer Spaniel. His history is: Picked up by a pound in Southern Illinois, taken in by American Brittany Rescue, brought up to foster in Southern Wisconsin,he was shaved and neutered by them and adopted by me about five years ago. The Brittany folks estimated his age at 5 years, but could a bit older.

Tail never docked, dew claws intact. Behavior seems to indicate he was a farm or yard dog. He'd rather be outside, regardless of the weather. His feathering is full right now, but comes season, I'll be trimming him. He'd never hunted as far as I can tell, and from his reaction, have never seen a crik or a river; moving water made him suspicious. He loves it now.

He takes field commands nicely, and hups even in full stride after a moving bird (which surprised the heck out of me the first time. :) ) He pretty much ignores other dogs. Good bird finding and retrieving skills--if not to hand.

Boy, he sure looks like a French Spaniel. Does he point at all? French Spaniels are a pointing breed. Below are a couple of photos of French Spaniels. They look like a long legged Springer with an undocked tail.

French_Spaniel_89_zps08f29772.jpg

FrenchSpanielElevagedesPerdriolesKennelCharlotteassis_zps53bbec58.jpg

Has never pointed, but occasionally, will become hypnotized by a cricket.
Those images are nice looking dogs. Ken said Mick looked similar to his line.

Dunno. I got lucky with an unknown quantity. We have done well together.

Nice little story! :thumbsup:

Back