Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

No pictures yet but I have put a deposit down on a English Setter puppy and will post a picture when I get it--getting the fever.:) Will be my first real hunting dog:thumbsup:

Jim,

Congratulations on your new puppy - hunting will never be the same!

I recently hunted with a friend who has a 2 yr. Setter. While still in training, the dog was a delight to hunt with, especially when on point, or near point. If the bird was on the move, the dog would creep like a cat, lifting it's paws very slowly.

A slow-motion pointer - my kind of dog!

Good luck and have fun with your new friend.

No pictures yet but I have put a deposit down on a English Setter puppy and will post a picture when I get it--getting the fever.:) Will be my first real hunting dog:thumbsup:

Very cool and congrats! It's a whole new game with your own pooch. :) I will be running two for the first time next fall... I have a pup "on order" too (ha)... hopefully this spring my 6 1/2 yr old GSP will have a new buddy to hang out with.

Very cool and congrats! It's a whole new game with your own pooch. :) I will be running two for the first time next fall... I have a pup "on order" too (ha)... hopefully this spring my 6 1/2 yr old GSP will have a new buddy to hang out with.

Congrats to both of you with the upcoming pups!

What a fun thread to look through.... love the pics and all the breeds. :thumbsup:

We have another pup coming this spring... looking forward to working with a 2nd dog in the field for the first time ever. She'll be spoiled rotten in the house like our 6 1/2 yr old GSP we already have. I found these pics of our Mia back when she was a pup.

Someone has a new buddy

A little yard work

Video clip... click and it'll play. Fun times watching their natural instinct kick in.

Another video clip I found.

Last edited:

On the way back from snowshoeing yesterday, I posed to try to get Pearl to look at the camera for a pic, but the yotes were howling and distracting her.

So she broke free to do a litte barking of her own!

But finally, settled down for her portrait (amazing what a lab will do for a cookie!)

Dave

Luckily, Pearl and I love winter equally. Having a great time out in the woods, but I leave the swimming up to her - I'll pass until summer!

March 18th snowstorm in Halifax, Nova Scotia

Man, we've had quite a winter here... We just keep getting hammered with snow, again and again and again. Two big storms back-to-back. The city of Halifax was shut down today - there's just nowhere left to put it! Pearl LOVES it though!

Crazy amount of snow you guys have over there this year- it would take a lab to like that stuff!!:D
What a great looking dog!
David

Crazy amount of snow you guys have over there this year- it would take a lab to like that stuff!!:D
What a great looking dog!
David

Thanks David. Yeah, the deeper the snow, the colder the weather, the happier she is! Bodes well for late season mallards in the Bay of Fundy this fall/next winter!

Cheers,
-Dave

Why does the person in the photo have their hands up?

LOL LOL LOL That's my wife. I showed you her question and she laughed and said its because whe she stepped outside on the first day of pring to see that much snow she threw her hands up in the air and said 'What the #%*@!?

Back