Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

My younger setter Indy will go into tall cover to poop, but not sitting on a tumbleweed,........ thats not right :D

Steve. I love watching your videos, those dogs are great. In real life I've only seen preserve queen pointers who have never seen a wild bird, range no farther than my springers, point just feet from birds, creep on point and eventually pressure them too much and flush. I think your dogs would be pretty damn good out here.:cheers:

How many of your dogs do this?

20131227_105153-1_zpsf9df4920.jpg

HA Ha HA. My male does that. I will have to get a photo! Not only does he back up to it to poop, but he marches as he does it! His back feet rythmatically march. He can hang a turd off of anything! I have seen him actually spackle a tree!

Steve. I love watching your videos, those dogs are great. In real life I've only seen preserve queen pointers who have never seen a wild bird, range no farther than my springers, point just feet from birds, creep on point and eventually pressure them too much and flush. I think your dogs would be pretty damn good out here.:cheers:

Thanks, they are not perfect, and I have not gotten them fully broke to WS&F like I would like. But I wouldn't trade them either.

Some day I want to get out your way for some different quail. It looks like a fun area.

I got sister out today, at 13 it was a good day for her. Unfortunately chip got all the action. I hope to get her out again by herself before the end of the season.

DSCN3340_01.jpg

DSCN3344_01.jpg

DSCN3387_01.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good day. Still a little snow down your way. Good to see that your finding some birds

Tom, the wind was tuff today. We were really close to going home empty handed. Early afternoon we got enough melt to nock the crust off the snow. We ended up working a grass field dead center , crosswind and cross terrace. Slowed it way down...and tracked a few out of the bottoms. I think we were lucky to see what we did

Tom, the wind was tuff today. We were really close to going home empty handed. Early afternoon we got enough melt to nock the crust off the snow. We ended up working a grass field dead center , crosswind and cross terrace. Slowed it way down...and tracked a few out of the bottoms. I think we were lucky to see what we did

Yea that crunchy snow can be a bit tough. Still sounds like a good day. I am going to try to get up north to my families farm late next week. It hasn't been hunted this year but it probably doesn't matter. I just do it because it's there:). Planning on taking a longer trip around MLK day holiday on the 20th if it's cold.

Here are some pictures to warm the heart.
pups053-1.jpg

pups057.jpg

pups.jpg

pups088.jpg

Ok, I staged this photo. But the story behind it is very true.

SO, hubby and I are sitting watching tv last night. Max got up and went into the .............reading room.:p..picked up this magazine and brought it out to my husband.

WHy is it significant? Because, Max qualified for the invitational for 2014. I have been sitting on the fence on if we should run or not. 3 years ago I would have been high as a kite that we made it. But time changes people and it ha become less important to me.

But, now, with this happening, I cant help but think it was a sign........Am I nutz?

amax_zpse29ba699.jpg

Thinking hard about it!

Back