Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

A couple for training today.

April2012_3.jpg

Indy hasn't been on pigeons much, but he is coming along nicely so far.
April2012_1.jpg

I see an intense looking pup..............lok forward to the progress reports

FCS,

It's easier to harness an intense dog than it is to build a competative spirit.
I would say that you will have no problem.

I've got one that I used to call crazy eyes. She is now 5 but here is a picture of her when she was a pup.

picture.php

Here are a few of my pup Indy doing a little work on pigeons.

Right off the bad I messed up and let the CC get pulled through my hand. Indy was off like a shot. Ran down about 200 yard and went on point.

April2012_5.jpg

Indy did a nice job standing his birds and letting me walk out front and flush.
April2012_9.jpg

April2012_18.jpg

April2012_17.jpg

He made good progress today in that he did not chase two of the three birds I worked him on. This was him watching the last bird fly off,
April2012_12.jpg

Great looking young dog Steve. It's the patience and hard work you are putting in now that will bring you many happy years of hunting.

Great looking young dog Steve. It's the patience and hard work you are putting in now that will bring you many happy years of hunting.

Thanks, he has been pretty good without much in the way of training. Got to hunt him a some at the end of the season, ran him at 9-10 months as a derby in two trials with some success. Now its time to start putting a little polish on all that desire :D

Took the boys out for some work / fun today

Here is Indy, this is actually on the empty launcher on our way back to the truck. I couldn't find the dang thing until Indy pointed it ;)

May2012_8.jpg

I let Ace point a couple so that I could work with Indy on backing
May2012_5.jpg

May2012_4.jpg

But the snap on my Cc broke, and Indy ended up running loose toward Ace, he didn't really back in this picture, but at least he stopped and pointed. Ace has really come a long way in the last 3 years, he stayed standing even after I launched the pigeon when Indy broke, and was standing there until I released him.
May2012_6.jpg

Great pics. This one after Hank & I returned from our sunday jaunt this morning. Hank & the nine-pound "Boss," Sadie. I'm sure glad I haven't pampered my dogs, but then again they tolerate the bachelor environment without complaint & they're pretty good about leaving me the "small third" of the bed . . . I wouldn't have it any other way.
HankandSadie5-12.jpg

Great pics Steve...

Your Llewellin's are looking good!

I'll post some pics of my new pup "Trigger".....in a bit.

Back