Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

Here's a few pictures of my four dogs getting ready for South Dakota.....Taffey, Daisy, Kooly and Gunny.
For a "change of pace", we were water roading Friday. Saturday we were back "free roading" 5 miles
at 10-12 mph with the ATV.

Saturday evening, each dog ran a set of three cold blinds, up a steady slope and about 150-175 yards out.
They slept well last night. ;)

Friday's water roading
hResistanceMode.jpg

"easy mode"
hOpenWater.jpg

Saturday - ready to road
ReadyToRoad.jpg

"somethin' was here" :D
Somethin'WasHere.jpg

Last edited:
Tucker & I out for a short run!

Tucker & I out for a short run!

That is quite the pic Sir! Thanks for sharing. I've been trying to get a pic like that for some time now, but haven't had much luck. I am getting much closer though. I'm using your pic as my background at work until the hunting season.

Last edited:
Thanks Kansasbrittany! I can't take the credit, it was my wife that got the pic. Wish we had a better quality camera, but i'm ok with it. I go back and look at em all the time. Will be in Kansas on the 15th. Maybe we will see you. If not, hope you have a great season & good luck!

Rod​

I am new to the site but I see there are alot of like minded hunter out there. Here is my crew of dogs. Rufus is the liver and wht he is 55lbs at 11 months. His mom is Ellie the Orange & wht and of course old faithful Ryan the Choc lab. Looking to have another litter with the same sire in the spring. The pup is a natural held a point ling enough for my son to kill a rooster over him in SD this yr.

Great lookin trio! Thanks for sharing the pics. Good luck this season and be safe!

Rod

Thanks Kansasbrittany! I can't take the credit, it was my wife that got the pic. Wish we had a better quality camera, but i'm ok with it. I go back and look at em all the time. Will be in Kansas on the 15th. Maybe we will see you. If not, hope you have a great season & good luck!

Rod​

I sure wish my wife would come out and take pics for me! You're a lucky man. Check out the archived videos on KDWPs website. They had a vid about a special attachment you can put on cameras for outdoor picture taking. It helps cut down on glare and makes the things you want to see stand out.

Thanks. Yes, I am a lucky man. She forgot to put the sun to her back when taking the pic but no complaints here. I'll go check out the site. I have 2 sons that I usually hunt with and I'm the one taking the pics. I love watching the dogs work and the sons shoot! Only will get to hunt with 1 son at a time this year though, 1 is in Colorado and him and I are going to Kansas the first wk. then I'm headed to Mich. to hook up with the other to hunt with him. Thanks for the tip! Better stop to catch my breath, sorry! Good luck, and hope to see you in the field someday!:cheers:

Rod​

Back