Is Favre done?

You Got That Right!!!!!!!

I'm afraid Brett really is calling it quits this time fellas. The injuries his body sustained this year won't allow him to continue. And for some rare chance that next summer he starts thinking about the possibilities again, he will only have to be reminded for an instance of the brutal hits and injuries of this past season. No.... I think he means it this time.

As a side note for all you guys that think he may have played one year too long. Your probably right, but I think he may have stayed retired after last year had it not been for a few teammates that hopped a plane down to Hattiesburg. Brett is Brett and you must give the guy some credit for being a warrior. Yes, he has large ego to feed, but the man's as tough as they come and it was a pleasure to watch him play here in Minnesota while it lasted. No regrets here...

uh oh.. brett favre's sister is in trouble.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/brett-f...-raid-on-crystal-meth-lab-in-mississippi.html

DIAMONDHEAD, Miss. -- The 34-year-old sister of Vikings quarterback Brett Favre faces drug charges after she was arrested Wednesday in a raid on a Mississippi condo where people were making crystal methamphetamine, authorities said.

Brandi Favre was among five people arrested in the Diamondhead bust and was charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and generating hazardous waste, said Hancock County Sheriff's Maj. Matt Karl.

"She happened to be there and she was arrested along with the others," Karl said.

Two of the other suspects face the same charges as Favre. The other two were charged with sale of a controlled substance. And one of them also faces a charge of possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.

The four other suspects ranged in age from 25 to 53.

About nine grams of the drug -- worth about $1,000 -- was recovered and hazardous materials teams had to clear the condo, Karl said.

Brandi Favre was in custody and has an initial court appearance scheduled Thursday morning.

A message left for Brett Favre's agent James "Bus" Cook wasn't immediately returned.

The arrest was first reported by WLOX-TV in Biloxi.

It is not the first time Brandi Favre has been in trouble with the law.

In 1999, Favre, her sister-in-law and another woman were booked with felony shoplifting. In 1996, she was charged with unlawful use of a weapon in connection with a drive-by shooting at a motel in Slidell, La. At the time she was a student at Southern Mississippi, where Brett Favre played.

She completed a program in Louisiana that allowed her criminal charges to be erased.

Karl said officers are "very familiar" with Favre. "She's always in trouble," he said.

Karl said such drug operations had slowed to almost a trickle -- from 108 a month about two years ago to six to eight last year -- since the enactment of a law requiring a prescription for cold and sinus medicine containing pseudoephedrine, one of the main ingredients used to make crystal meth. Criminals are now traveling across state lines to nearby St. Tammany Parish, La., to buy the pseudoephedrine and bring it back to Mississippi, he said.

I'm afraid Brett really is calling it quits this time fellas. The injuries his body sustained this year won't allow him to continue. And for some rare chance that next summer he starts thinking about the possibilities again, he will only have to be reminded for an instance of the brutal hits and injuries of this past season. No.... I think he means it this time.

As a side note for all you guys that think he may have played one year too long. Your probably right, but I think he may have stayed retired after last year had it not been for a few teammates that hopped a plane down to Hattiesburg. Brett is Brett and you must give the guy some credit for being a warrior. Yes, he has large ego to feed, but the man's as tough as they come and it was a pleasure to watch him play here in Minnesota while it lasted. No regrets here...
Well said Birdshooter. The way the 2007 and 2009 NFC Championship games both ended for Favre took their emotional toll on him. The 2008 and 2010 seasons both took their physical toll on him. Add it all up and he's done.

yep he be done. now to see if he has a tiger woods thing starting with the chicks coming out of the wood work. he may start working with his sister in her biz. lol

It's really disheartening to see so many people willing to run down such a legend in our country. It's kind of the American way now. I just read a piece on how hate and trash talking is the acceptable thing now in our country. The new social thing, nobody is off limits, politician's, actors, sports stars, our men and women in uniform, Etc. People salute the flag, profess their love of the country. Then commence to degrade everybody from our president to the garbage man(the lazy union guy). Makes a person scratch ones head.

It's really disheartening to see so many people willing to run down such a legend in our country. It's kind of the American way now. I just read a piece on how hate and trash talking is the acceptable thing now in our country. The new social thing, nobody is off limits, politician's, actors, sports stars, our men and women in uniform, Etc. People salute the flag, profess their love of the country. Then commence to degrade everybody from our president to the garbage man(the lazy union guy). Makes a person scratch ones head.

Great point. Did anyone else notice, at the start of the Green bay game, during the National Anthem with the big flag across the field with the exception of Aaron Rogers and a few of the coaches and very few in the crowd, no one had their hand across their heart. Some people did not even stand up. Is it just me??:confused:

Great point. Did anyone else notice, at the start of the Green bay game, during the National Anthem with the big flag across the field with the exception of Aaron Rogers and a few of the coaches and very few in the crowd, no one had their hand across their heart. Some people did not even stand up. Is it just me??:confused:

Now that you mentioned it, I did notice that. Pretty sad huh.. We take so much for granted in this country and forget what has been sacrificed to live in the free society that we do.

Attention!! this just in: Brett Favre has officially filed his retirement papers with the NFL. So it would seem there is now no question he is done for sure.

Last edited:
It's really disheartening to see so many people willing to run down such a legend in our country.
I know a lot of people don't consider him a legend for one reason or another but it shows how fickle fans are.

Last edited:
I think Brett has to wait 5 years to get consideration and voting into the Hall Of Fame. I find that sad, a player who has done what he has on the field, should be given a short cut IMHO.......Bob

I think there should be a short cut to the Hall of fame. It should be more for the players with multiple rings Brady,Aikman, Emmit,Elway. I'm not that big of fan for the individual records because they change number of games played rules to make it easier to pass. Farve was great helped make Green Bay good again:thumbsup: But he never got over those bad throws at the end of the big games. Montana Elway Young Bradsaw all seem to have the history of the big throw that saved the day.

I just heard it on the radio while hauling Milo to the elevator, Favre has officially Retired. Im curious though what his next job would be working for. Espn or other networks. Im not surprised if ESPN does ask him to come.

I know a lot of people don't consider him a legend for one reason or another but it shows how fickle fans are.

JMB,

It might show how fickle fans are. But you don't state how greedy player are. please they make Millions of money, for playing a game we all played in a sand lot. And had better games. Just saying.:)

I'd make a terrible coach but those million dollar babies would respect the national anthem/flag. Fans should know better too. NFL should work harder in teaching that and less on how to hit properly:)

I just heard it on the radio while hauling Milo to the elevator, Favre has officially Retired. Im curious though what his next job would be working for. Espn or other networks. Im not surprised if ESPN does ask him to come.

I could be wrong here but i don't see Favre as the analyst type. Not even sure he would do it if asked???

Coot, Farve has taken the Packers to the Super Bowl twice. He won in 1997 and lost in 1998. True there are players with more rings in the HOF than he has. But there are also a lot of players in the HOF without rings. I think his record is superior to a lot of QB's in the hall........Bob

On what will Farve do next? It would not surprise me if he ended up with some team as QB Coach or an Asst. Offensive Coordinator like Jim Zorn....Bob

Last edited:
If he's really gone -good riddance

Touchdown to Interception ratio is journeyman ordinary. Benefitted from playing with superior surrounding talent. Legendary risk taker. Intangibles, like leadership, decisions under pressure, character, I'll leave to you and Jenn Sterger. Real question is, if he's gone, what in the world will the Brett Farve Network, (ESPN), put on their bottom line over and over, now!

Back