Is Favre done?

Now that you mentioned it, I did notice that. Pretty sad huh.. We take so much for granted in this country and forget what has been sacrificed to live in the free society that we do.

Attention!! this just in: Brett Favre has officially filed his retirement papers with the NFL. So it would seem there is now no question he is done for sure.

I true sign of the pulse of this nation right now. We seem to be more The Divided States Of America. Then The United States Of America.

Coot, Farve has taken the Packers to the Super Bowl twice. He won in 1997 and lost in 1998. True there are players with more rings in the HOF than he has. But there are also a lot of players in the HOF without rings. I think his record is superior to a lot of QB's in the hall........Bob

Theres no doubt he's HOF material. Not The type if you want to change the rule on how quick a player can get there in my opinion. I look at it theres one goal in the NFL win SB rings should count for something. Pro bowl votings kinda a joke. Plus he did have a painkiller addiction and his girlfriend thing. I think role model thing should be thought about to.

JMB,

It might show how fickle fans are. But you don't state how greedy player are. please they make Millions of money, for playing a game we all played in a sand lot. And had better games. Just saying.:)
Jmac... I know Favre's no saint but I didn't like how so many Packers fans turned on him so quickly. They cheered him on for 16 years, then turned on him overnight when the Packers released him. I just don't get that.

I agree that the players are greedy. So are the agents and the owners. They're all greedy... but that's another subject. ;)

Touchdown to Interception ratio is journeyman ordinary. Benefitted from playing with superior surrounding talent. Legendary risk taker. Intangibles, like leadership, decisions under pressure, character, I'll leave to you and Jenn Sterger. Real question is, if he's gone, what in the world will the Brett Farve Network, (ESPN), put on their bottom line over and over, now!

WOW! you sound rather bitter.. almost as if you had an axe to grind with Brett.

As for this statement,
Intangibles, like leadership, decisions under pressure, character
These were all some of the qualities that defined Brett and made him the future HOF QB that he is. So I guess I am just a little mystified by your remarks. :confused:

As for playing with superior talent, He didn't always have the best talent around him. Look at many other HOF QB's and you'll find most if not all played with surrounding talent. Aikman, Montana, I could go on and on.....

Jmac... I know Favre's no saint but I didn't like how so many Packers fans turned on him so quickly. They cheered him on for 16 years, then turned on him overnight when the Packers released him. I just don't get that.

I agree that the players are greedy. So are the agents and the owners. They're all greedy... but that's another subject. ;)

Good point , I did't turn on Brett, until he became ,a viking. He is still one of the best, Qb's to ever play the game, and as blue stated, first round hof.:)

Brett got his super talented WRs hurt for life with his not so accurate throws. Sharpe,Brooks,harris, there more just not thinking of them. Look this week Bears and Packer are getting attention so drama Brett has to file for retirement so he gets some attention. Why don't he do what other HOF players do and wait until after the SB.

Coot, yes, some got hurt, but was it all really Bretts fault. I can think of Recievers that played with Brett and are still playing today. Like D. Driver for example, ask him how great it is to play with Farve.......Bob

Back