global warming

There is an island north of the artic circle, Axel Heiburg Island, that had a forest of dawn redwood on it 40 million years ago during the Eocene. Supposedly the wood today can be sawn and burnt. I don't know why people get all excited about this climate change stuff. Looks like we have room to warm up a lot more. Wonder what causes this climate change? Does anyone have any ideas.:D

There is an island north of the artic circle, Axel Heiburg Island, that had a forest of dawn redwood on it 40 million years ago during the Eocene. Supposedly the wood today can be sawn and burnt. I don't know why people get all excited about this climate change stuff. Looks like we have room to warm up a lot more. Wonder what causes this climate change? Does anyone have any ideas.:D

Paris Hillton.

Paris Hillton.

Yup, she did it for me. :D

steel, what are you talking about . Ice ages come , and they go. Weather is cyclical. Carbon is the 6th element on the periodic chart, therefore carbon is already here and will always be here and by the way, you are a carbon-based unit whether you like it or not. For those of you who do not know chemistry and do not know what is going on in the world, I did not want to get involved in this but you need to wake up. The world has changed many times over and the climate changes on a regular basis as do the poles. And probably will long before or after we are dead. :)

Yup, she did it for me. :D

steel, what are you talking about . Ice ages come , and they go. Weather is cyclical. Carbon is the 6th element on the periodic chart, therefore carbon is already here and will always be here and by the way, you are a carbon-based unit whether you like it or not. For those of you who do not know chemistry and do not know what is going on in the world, I did not want to get involved in this but you need to wake up. The world has changed many times over and the climate changes on a regular basis as do the poles. And probably will long before or after we are dead. :)

What am I talking about? Duh!- What you posted. What part about 40 million years ago didn't you understand.:confused:

There's a lot of evidence that indicates the periods of seasonal drought, followed by seasons of flood, are actually more in keeping with the long term trend in the west and western midwest, as compared to the more moderate and timely weather cycles we have enjoyed since pioneer days. Perhaps the exception is the last 200 years, not the previous 1000. Besides, there is always some yokel scared to death of something, and somebody looking to make a buck off the scare. should we invest in less consuptive energy? manage waste better? use less foreign energy? Sure we should, because it makes us safer, ensures the survival of our society, gives us more disposable income, maximizes our resources. Enough reasons, it would seem, if by chance it eliminates global climate change fears, wonderful. It's a win win. Personally, I doubt it's that simple, and I remember a lot of these talking technology heads who tried to convince us that at the turn of the millineum, the computers, cars, powerplants, household appliances, etc. were all going to quit and leave us helpless against the ravages of nature. Funny thing, the clock chimed midnight, and the world went on running, survivalist didn't need their 500 gallons of water and propane generators, Dinty Moore Stew stayed canned, ( yuck). Besides we outdoorsmen are supposed to be hardy self relient folk, a steady hand at the tiller, with knowledge of woodlore and skills to nurse the shivering masses to the campfire. As for Paris Hilton, I am reminded of Dr. Strangelove, ( Peter Sellers), who proposed a ratio of 10 women for each 1 man, ( women selected for their highly stimulating physical attributes), to ensure a viable breeding population survives whatever cataclism befalls us. Bud Light anyone?

I see some of that at times FC but you should understand the web is loaded with boards dominated by people on the political extremes with no tolerance for the "other" side or even moderate views.

Let me demonstrate, how this is handled will explain a lot.

I don't see any issue at all. Some threads pop up from time to time. No big deal. If people don't want to read it or can't handle a little debate without killing one another with there words, they can just not participate in any topic. We can only talk guns and birds so much. This is a versatile site which makes it great.:thumbsup: People just have to try to not to get so worked up on the little things.

I don't see any issue at all. Some threads pop up from time to time. No big deal. If people don't want to read it or can't handle a little debate without killing one another with there words, they can just not participate in any topic. We can only talk guns and birds so much. This is a versatile site which makes it great.:thumbsup: People just have to try to not to get so worked up on the little things.

I agree that this great, versatile site FC, but this string is about as close to a "debate" as we are to summer in MN.

Wonder if they taste like chicken:)

How did I not get kicked off with the outburst of profanity:mad: You guys are harder to pi$$ off then the pope:eek: Oh well looks like I'll just have to wait until Dec 2012 you know thats when the maya got tired of pounding on that rock calander and the history channel calls it the end of the world:) Something better happen then:mad:

Over time what you see is those who don't just stop posting, and forget about the site.

There are all kinds of boards out there that cater to pissing matches like that.
I think you're right. Hunting and politics just don't mix. Those of us who came over from the old site remember some real donnybrooks over there... :D

I think you're right. Hunting and politics just don't mix. Those of us who came over from the old site remember some real donnybrooks over there... :D

I believe were mixing climate change with humor not politics or hunting. I would hope you wont call Al Gore a politician:D Whats wrong with having a little fun. To many good guys on here. Look at all the time some have taking to show some facts:thumbsup: Maybe you'll get our wish and the site will vanish. I personnally enjoy reading what people say on here and think the site will only get better:10sign: The lounge areas for fun:cheers:

Blame Blackcloud he started it. He needs to go wheres Webguy:D

I agree with JMBZ and have said politics should be banned on these sites. I still hold with that feeling. I think when the words Liberal and Conservative appear in a post the moderator should delete it. I do so very much hope it comes to pass. For nothing will destroy this excellent forum quicker than politics............Bob

I believe were mixing climate change with humor not politics or hunting. I would hope you wont call Al Gore a politician:D Whats wrong with having a little fun. To many good guys on here. Look at all the time some have taking to show some facts:thumbsup: Maybe you'll get our wish and the site will vanish. I personnally enjoy reading what people say on here and think the site will only get better:10sign: The lounge areas for fun:cheers:

Blame Blackcloud he started it. He needs to go wheres Webguy:D
That's the way it started on the old site too. But I agree 100%, the lounge is for having fun. All the more reason to keep it friendly and avoid hot-button political topics. Oops, did I say "hot"? I didn't mean to. I'm really "warming up" to you guys. There I go again... :D

I agree with JMBZ and have said politics should be banned on these sites. I still hold with that feeling. I think when the words Liberal and Conservative appear in a post the moderator should delete it. I do so very much hope it comes to pass. For nothing will destroy this excellent forum quicker than politics............Bob
Well said Bob.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: You better get ready to kick me off:D

Global warming is the stupidest idea man has ever came up with. People are making tons of money off it. I'm tired of better go green to save the planet:mad: green cars are pieces of sh#@, same with the light bulb things, green fuel a joke, wind you'd have to cover the world with them to do any good build a real power plant. You really think Al Gore knows what the f#@* he's talking about They can't even figure out what is is:confused: Maybe I'm not polticially correct but I don't give a F*@!:eek: It's time this country tells this stupid 5% of the population to hit the road. Everyone of them idiots would sell there soul to China to make a buck and they do a hell of alot more populating they we do. What has changed since you were a kid weather wise? Only thing thats changed is the save the planet people throw out data that don't fit there cause.

But... But.... Al Gore has all of this evidence to support global Warming, and what Al Gore say's is gospel.. We'll.... isn't it. :D

Maybe we can have a wooly mamuth season if it warms up and they get this clone thing down up north.LOL:D

Ok. Let's start a new poll on what load, choke and shot size to use on Woolly Mammoth's.:D

Or better yet... have them clone and then cross Pteradactyl DNA with current day Pheasant DNA. What possibilities would that bring? holy moly rocky...

Browndog said no way with crossing pteradactyl with pheasant. Said how the hell he suppose to fetch and bring something that big back:D

I'll try and control my vicious remarks toward Al Gore because I don't want anyone to leave such a groovy site:10sign: We must remember he invited the internet and maybe global warming:D

Back