Gas Prices

Gas jumped 30 cents here on Fri/Sat to $4.09 for regular unleaded. There are multiple refinery outages and its affecting several states in the Midwest until Sept 15 when they are able to switch to their winter blend. :mad:

I'll be pulling my trailer to SD this year. It's probably going to be the most expensive part of my trip.
It may be. But Tom you won't have to worry about anybody waking you up in the middle of the night or 3-4 in the morning, bed bugs, bad smells, nasty rooms. The list goes on and on. In reality it may cost u a few more dollars, but look what u gain. Also no hotels, motels fees. Independence, where u stay, Hopefully very close to where u are hunting. No driving an hour or more every morning to hunt. The list goes on and on.

Birdman, I hear you! Last year I stayed in a cabin that was not that great. Drove miles every day but generally was stuck in an area. Swore this year would be different, hence the RV.
There are a lot of little Town RV and State Parks scattered around SD so If one area doesn't work I can move. Since you can't legally camp on most, if not all SD public land, boondocking is not an option. On the other hand, most of those small CGs are pretty cheap and almost all have at least electricity at the sites.
I'll be leaving SD when I'm done and heading for Idaho for an Elk Hunt, then going back home. That Great CIrcle route saves me over a 1000 miles of driving.

Tom, Sounds like a great trip. Hey good luck with the Elk hunt. That tenderloin is fantastic. Yea last year I had to drive 100 miles one way to hunt. Never again. I will be hunting MI, WI, and MN, hope to boodock 80% of the time. I'm still insulating the new camper, gonna make her Hopefully a lot warmer. R-15 in the floors.

Birdman, Good luck to you as well. Safe travels. At my age I don't know how many more of these trips in me but as long as I can I will :)

Birdman, Good luck to you as well. Safe travels. At my age I don't know how many more of these trips in me but as long as I can I will :)
Absolutely, I hope I can still do it at 79 also. Chase Roosters, then Elk. I will chase Grouse and Woodcock and then Roosters.

$4.47 to $4.69 in town. Consider this it is pumped out of the ground within 20 miles of my house and refined about 40 miles away. They claim we don't qualify for volume discounts here.

That gas is over 3 years old. I woudn't use it for anything. It'll cause more damage than good at this point.

You must not use your boat very much either...
Saturday I put 30 gal of that gas in my truck & pulled the 7000 pound boat 80 miles to get a new winter canvas made for it. 11 mpg towing & 22.9 mpg coming back not towing. 4 people in the screw. No issues with the fuel so far. Cheapest gas around here is $3.35

26’ ChrisCraft 26’ walk around cuddy. Sleeps four. Full galley. 115 gal fuel tank. 2 electric d-riggers with 4’ booms. 20+ rod holders. 350 chevy. The weight includes some gear & the trailer, spare tire, etc

Rollercoaster of fuel prices here the past 10 days. $3.79 to $4.09 back down to $3.69 today. Musta got the refiners back online and switched to the winter blend lol

Came back from golfing in the Black Hills, had to fill up once at $3.89 but averaged almost 40 MPG in the Subaru.

$5.59 for regular here in Grass Valley, CA. It's jumped 40 cents in the past week

40 mpg would be nice. I have been reading about a new type spark system instead of spark plugs. Claims it will make engine 80% efficient. Right now they are 34% efficient. Also read about a new type rotary engine that weighs 38 pounds and will produce 150hp
We have exciting stuff coming. Can u imagine putting both of these ideas together?

Just picked up a 2011 Suburban with 59K on it. Got 20 MPG on the first tank. I think I’ll park the D-Max and go with the smooth suburban which will be plenty of room for 3 guys 2 dogs and gear/supplies for a week.

crude $90 - $96 so . . .

Back