Death

12gaugedust

Well last night our cat died, he was only 1 1/2 years old. For some reason he came inside (he was an outside, inside cat) and he looked like he got beat up. Last night he couldnt walk or stand up, about an hour after that he passed away. And our wiener dog is sick and at the vets. Shes been throwing up and wont eat. Thats the same as the cat did before he died. I dont know whats going on, im stressed to the max about this. The vet doesnt even know whats going on.

I'm sure he's checking for poison/toxic things.

Do you have a bad neighbor?

any anti freeze around they could have gotten into?

I send the best for your dog, hope he comes out of it. Sorry for the loss of your cat.

I'm sorry to hear that. Always tough to lose a furry child, no matter what the species. Here's hoping that your pup will be okay. Prayer sent.

we have looked around the yard and around the area nobody around here has anything out and i dont think my neighbors would do that.. Could it be from a pheasant? Like after i skin them i put them out in my burn barrel. Could the cat of got sick from that? And maybe some how drugg part of it out and the dog got hold of it. I guess im just looking for answers. Im pretty shaken up from this. The cat was my buddy. I named him monster nugent lol. Well after my favorite rock star, and fellow hunter ted nugent.

What pet food are you feeding. All the dog and cat deaths are AFTER the dogs and cats died! Other issues may ingesting play-dough or crayons the kids got for Christmas. onions or chocolate, in Christmas scrap treats, Christmas wrapping paper has been fatal due to toxins in it because, it's manufactured in China. It probably an accidental cause, recount the last 72 hours and investigate, where they were, especially together, Restrain using the same diet, flush with Gatoraide or Electrolite replacement, use yogurt to help him along, vomitting and diareha cause dehydration fast and shock. One other thing, check your vacination schedule, there are bad or inafective vaccines, if the dog or the cat was exposed to Lepto, corona type viruses, they could be infected and transmitted to each other. Necropsy the cat. God Bless.

Could they have come into contact with raccoon scat? They carry a parasite that is hell on dogs and I assume cats as well. Very sorry for your loss.

I don't think that pheasant remains would be the cause. Animals usually won't eat anything that is natural that has turned harmful like spoiled meat. Sounds like it was something that they both found that was poison, like the antifreeze mentioned above. Hope the best for the pup and I'm sorry for your cat. We have cats and they are a lot of fun, as are the dogs.

Sorry for the cat loss. We have cats and love both cats and dogs. They make life good!

I hope the dog makes it. Lots of good info from forum members on here.

the wife just diagnosed tapeworm in one of the cats and found you can get the meds over counter now.

Well found out that the dog got parvo somehow. We dont know how every dog shes been around has all there shots. My other two dogs dont have parvo and are healthy. So im kinda stunned on this one tooo. Any ideas?

The parvo could have been tracked into your yard by any animal, such as a opossum, that comes into contact with contaminated feces. That may explain the cat looking beat up, as well. Hope your dog pulls through.

Well found out that the dog got parvo somehow. We dont know how every dog shes been around has all there shots. My other two dogs dont have parvo and are healthy. So im kinda stunned on this one tooo. Any ideas?

It's in the soil or so I've been told. We had a healthy kennel of dogs when I moved to Emporia. We adopted a brit that a guy was going to shoot b/c the dog wouldn't stop "chasing the birds" in his yard and he "didn't have time to hunt him":rolleyes: Anyway, before we could get him vaccinated he came down with Parvo. Vet said it must have been in the soil in our yard in E-town.

Foxes have it, so do raccoons, possums. It's everywhere, sometimes the vaccine does not work. There is some cell structure, DNA, that is resistent.

The dog is finally taking small bites of food, and starting to keep it down. Shes loosing weight tho and i hope she gets better soon

Very strange indeed as most combo vaccines used cover parvo?

Your dog was vaccinated I take it?

Maybe a new strain that the vaccine does not cover?

Very strange indeed as most combo vaccines used cover parvo?

Your dog was vaccinated I take it?

Maybe a new strain that the vaccine does not cover?

As I said before the vaccine does not always work! Could be a bad dose, which wasn't refrigeratored properly, blood chemistry in that particular dog, Lack of antibodies to react to the vaccine. Life is random, al,ways doing mutations, you can't just put in a new choke tube;) you can do everything right and still get it wrong. There lots of basement warehouses who sell vaccine, most sell human vaccine too! Both of which occasionally have problems. I would use two named different brands 2 weeks apart. The Vets get the same dollar saver brands you get at the store, assuming the Governmnet inspects it! Of course the US doesn't inspect human food, so what you get is relying on the manufacturer. If you can find them!

Thats interesting, well actually all my dogs ( my pitbull, brittany) are deff vacinated. We got this weiner dog from someone 6 months ago and they said she had all of her shots, but im starting to think that she didnt. Idk the vet is going give her the shots again once she gets stronger and comes out of this. Its been a rough 2 1/2 weeks

Thats interesting, well actually all my dogs ( my pitbull, brittany) are deff vacinated. We got this weiner dog from someone 6 months ago and they said she had all of her shots, but im starting to think that she didnt. Idk the vet is going give her the shots again once she gets stronger and comes out of this. Its been a rough 2 1/2 weeks

I assume the Vet told you that there are complications? There may well be residual moments after excercise or stress, which has mimicks a seizure like an eliliptic kind. Need to calm , control the tongue, keep shade over the eyes if outside, will pass quickly. The CV virus was adentified 5 years ago, I assume a Vet vaccination has it in there. Lack of vaccination previously is probably correct, might had been vaccinated to soon for affect. I assume the dog had no vaccine unless I see the records.

Back