A few Pheasants from around the world

That is awesome to see, but honestly I would not want to put my pointing dogs in that many birds.

That is a much better place to put a flushing dog.

They sure do tend to bunch up in the winter--in really good habitat it can get like that:D:D it sure is nice to see--habitat habitat habitat:coolpics:

The woody cover is so VERY important in maintaining a wild pheasant population.
I many cases, probably most cases Russian Olives are an important part of the shelter belts and wind breaks by ranch buildings.
Without this woody cover there would be NO pheasants in the Northern part of the North American Pheasant Range.
It's not uncommon to see numbers of Pheasants like this in Western ND and MT. Bunched up in the shelters. Most likely with this number of birds there's a Winter cattle feeding area nearby. Unlimited food supply even in the toughest weather. On normal Winters with normal snow accumulations the grasslands are blown over, in many years by the end of Nov.

Sharptails and Grey Partridge will also flock into these shelters by the 100's.

russian olive

i think current though is that russian olive are death traps to pheasants in as much as hawks, crow and owl use them to prey on game birds and rabbits. game managers seem now to wish they had never encouraged their planting. plum thickets are a better deal or low growth hedge rows. i suppose that at some point, anything is better than no cover or a barren field. no snow here but the east is sure getting pounded, n.w. kansas is expecting several inches, some help anyway

cheers

The native Cottonwood makes a perfect Hawk and eagle perch. So do the non native High line poles and fence posts.:(
Actually the Russian Olive Tree is a poor perch. Bushy, fine branches are not at all good perches.
Hawks are going to be after pheasants trees or not. Ever watch hawks soaring high in the sky? Their hunting and covering a huge area. Hawks want to hunt pheasants in the open or while the pheasant is in flight. Not in the shelter of brushy plants.

Love watching the video's, but thought it strange that he didn't flush any hens! Do they stock in Korea?

Love watching the video's, but thought it strange that he didn't flush any hens! Do they stock in Korea?

I'm guessing he edits out the hen's. There's a couple videos where a hen and a rooster flush at the same time. Other than that he just shows the roosters he shoots at.

Last edited:
Wow, this whole thread is really cool. i was just curious of how some of you found pheasant pictures and videos from other countries. thanks for posting them. :D i actually have a video i took myself of some Colorado pheasants right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXi9dbPPWlY
the quality isn't so great, but i thought it might cheer up some of the eastern Colorado hunters, since we haven't really gotten to see a lot of pheasants lately, and i know we aren't the only ones.

Last edited:
Nice! I think I've seen those boys cousins...in NJ. :thumbsup:

Wow, that last video is very impressive!

What a beautiful bird.

i was just curious of how some of you found pheasant pictures and videos from other countries.

Nice video Upland. Thanks for posting:cheers:

What I do to find photos and videos of wild pheasants from other countries is simply type the word (for example--"pheasant") in Google word translator, then cut and paste the translated word (you pick the language it's translated into) into A sure engine. Google or Yahoo "images" is a great place to paste translated words. You can do this to find YouTube videos too.:)

Hope that helps!

What I do to find photos and videos of wild pheasants from other countries is simply type the word (for example--"pheasant") in Google word translator, then cut and paste the translated word (you pick the language it's translated into) into A sure engine. Google or Yahoo "images" is a great place to paste translated words. You can do this to find YouTube videos too.:)

Hope that helps!

Okay, i thought that might be it. Very clever.
Thank you. :)

Back