22 lr

I've got a few bricks of .22's that I've picked up over the years, so I'm not hurting. I still check out wally world when I go through and the local Academy, their shelves are pretty much empty. I've been hearing that wally world is getting some in here and there though, just gotta be there when they show up.

I've got a few bricks of .22's that I've picked up over the years, so I'm not hurting. I still check out wally world when I go through and the local Academy, their shelves are pretty much empty. I've been hearing that wally world is getting some in here and there though, just gotta be there when they show up.

Also good to know the Sporting goods manager!!!! They tell everyone they don't have any, then their friends show up and they magically appear until you want some!!!

Try This

Go to Wally World's web site and have the local store send you an email when the ammo comes in. This comes out of shipping so you will know when they hit the store. The service is free.

Lock and Load! :D

There's a army surplus store in Grand Rapids Mn selling 500 shell bricks for over $50.00 each. Many of us have made a pat to NEVER! set foot in the door again. It's called gouging and I hope they get run out of business. Sometimes karma can jump right up and bite ya in the @$$..lets hope it's true in this case.

There's a army surplus store in Grand Rapids Mn selling 500 shell bricks for over $50.00 each. Many of us have made a pat to NEVER! set foot in the door again. It's called gouging and I hope they get run out of business. Sometimes karma can jump right up and bite ya in the @$$..lets hope it's true in this case.

Yup, It's gouging. So I've said it for years they are not coming after our guns. They are coming after our ammo. Gun isn't worth crap, if you can't load it. Just saying. I'm not scared.:D

I know a guy that just bought a pistol at Gander mountain. After he went through the paperwork (took 2 hrs) they gave him the gun and asked if he needed any ammo. He said yeah, but you don't have any. The guy said we do if you buy a gun, walked in the back and came out with two boxes for him.

I kind of like that. Allowing someone who buys a new gun the opportunity to shoot it, over somebody else just stockpiling ammo.

Lots of .22's

Take a look on "Gunbroker". There is lots of .22 LR ammo for sale. The catch is the asking price is really high. A 500 rd. box that would have sold for $19.00 last summer is going for $60.00.

Take a look on "Gunbroker". There is lots of .22 LR ammo for sale. The catch is the asking price is really high. A 500 rd. box that would have sold for $19.00 last summer is going for $60.00.

They can sit on all that ammo!!! I will wait for it to come back in stock!!! They guy's who are Hoarding it only to resale at 200% need to take a look in the Mirror. Glad I was brought up better than that!!:cheers:

glad i have great grandpa's winchester 1890 gallery gun...it only shoots .22 shorts! still can find some of those around, not hard to find now, go to the
.22 shelf and get the box that doesn't say birdshot on it!

22LR--found

Finally was in the right place at the right time as I was in Cabelas in Mitchell SD when they put out some 22 LR. Got a 1600 round box of CCI Minn-Mags--a bit expensive @ $119.95 but at least they had them--20 min later--ALL GONE and several people asked me where I found them.:D

Last edited:
I am picking up a new Ruger 22/45 when I get back from my business trip. When I was at Cabelas putting it on layaway since I didnt have time to get the paperwork done and make my flight, they had now 22LR shells.

I am picking up a new Ruger 22/45 when I get back from my business trip. When I was at Cabelas putting it on layaway since I didnt have time to get the paperwork done and make my flight, they had now 22LR shells.

yea, they are out again. They now have a 2 box limit. But since they have none i guess that doesn't matter.

I went to the gun show here in Colorado Springs this past Sunday, one guy had 525 LR shells for $100.00 and the guy right next to him had 525 LR for $150.00. The first guy had a sign he would buy any amount of 22 shells you had but I would bet he wouldn't give you anything for them.
I have about 600 shells, guess I will not be shooting much.

yea, they are out again. They now have a 2 box limit. But since they have none i guess that doesn't matter.

My dang flight was delayed in Italy. Been looking forward to getting back, picking up the gun and heading home. But I will now not get to KC before they close tonight.
Man travel sucks. Now I have to drive back to KC, 4 hour round trip.

Headed to Wichita for my Nephews Wedding this weekend. Did some CSI for some 22 ammo!!! Found some!!!! 2 bricks for 26 bucks a brick. Finally!!! :cheers:

Scored these the other day in town, great loads too. Ended up with 1300 rounds.:thumbsup::D And they will not be on gunbroker. Scored a new Rock River ATH too at a good normal price. Found a shop that just got their web done, LOL. They have all kinds of them. Sweet yote gun, cant wait to get out. Got her all set up and dialed in.

Last edited:
Back