22 lr

You have to be at Walmart in Kansas City at the crack of dawn. I got nearly run over by a housewife with a shopping cart full, that were delivered the previous night. Must be the Zombie Apocalypse.

Just got my Bill!! 44.83 for 1000 Blazer(CCI)! Waiting for me to pick up!!! 2 years ago these were 160 bucks for 5000 with free shipping! Remember when gas was .25 cents a gallon???? Lucky to get what I got I guess!!!! Good shooting boy's!!!!:cheers:

Blazers jammed in my savage all the time. Finally used that brick up. Hatted em. The Super x 1.300 fps super x's bark off as fast as you pull the trigger. Little more ummph. But its a cheapo gun too. You still cant find any on shelfs here. Same story, had some, gone in minutes. It is the jerks that are selling on GB doing this. Everyone just needs to stop buying on gunbroker, and the shelf will fill up.

Glens

There's a army surplus store in Grand Rapids Mn selling 500 shell bricks for over $50.00 each. Many of us have made a pat to NEVER! set foot in the door again. It's called gouging and I hope they get run out of business. Sometimes karma can jump right up and bite ya in the @$$..lets hope it's true in this case.

Hey man... don't knock Glens, it is a good store. It is called supply and demand!

ammo

Sportsmans in Ankeny Iowa get ammo every tuesday morning. They dont tell you that on the phone but I stopped by a couple weeks ago at 9:30am. 50 people in line and they do it every week. store opens at 10am.....you walk to the back loading dock and they hand out ammo. I got a plastic case of
9mm (350 rounds ) for $119.00 and a brick of Remmington 22lr for $19.00 Also got 3 boxes of .40 for a guy I know for $17.00 each. 115 grain american eagle, decent ammo.:thumbsup:

Federal

I have had very good luck with Federal Bulk Pak HP's. That's the 550 round box. BUT.........you have to find them. The only one's I have seen in six mouths are the one's I have stored up at home!

Lock and Load! :D

I have not seen a bulk pack of any 22lr in a year.
Did get to buy 3 (100 round) boxes of CCI Mini Mags today at Wal-Mart. First time I have gotten any from there this year.

I agree with the Blazers!! Pretty dirty rounds!!!!

LOL, you tried them? I will not buy them even if I see them for cheapo at wally world right now. Sell them on GB LOL. Cabelas in Grand Forks has everything, I mean everything right now, and lots of it. At normal price. I walked by thousands of 22, 9mm, 223 and everything else you can think of. I did buy some bench rest primers. Great price on those too. They had reloading components, powder, everything. So if panicers stop buying on GB, the shelf will fill up fast.:thumbsup: They drive this by buying from those low life hoarders stripping the shelf in front of you and I, then selling it to you all nervous on gunbroker.. And Onpoint, spot on on those stores. Don't buy from them again. They never had to pay a dime extra for their stock. Same with many stores doing the same thing. There are just as many good honest stores that never did this crap. They are also the ones who went to gunbroker to feed the fire. Places like scheels, cabelas, and many other small shops, never once inflated the cost to rip you off... I have a nice list of them I will never spend a dime in again either, and told them so.

Actually found some at Sportsman's today. American Eagle 400 rds and Rem Thunderbolt 500 rnds. 23 and 24 bucks each. I didn't buy any!!! Figured I have 2 bricks left out of the 3 I had, so I will wait. Still no powder showing itself. Got better there for a while and now back to crap! Lots of Ammo for the pistols and fun guns!!!:cheers:

Here too, and some have stuck around for days lately. Good signs. I passed on 10-12 100 round boxes of win super x the other day, just hope a kid got them to plink with and not a hoarder. But it is still no where near normal yet. I did score a bunch of reload bullets to work on so I have all I need for a while now. Got some boxes of 9mm stx bullets so having fun working up loads. Nice that mills fleet now has a reloader section. I wont have to order a thing on line any more.:thumbsup:

Why .22 ammo???? There are a million other calibers that are much more effective in an appocolyptic type situation. 223 0r 7.62x39 would be much more logical. Just sayin.

Rural America here where we live, 22 is used for so many things other then protection. Big mainstay load for food the preppers think. Thousands of rounds for cheap. Yet affective on just about anything you want to eat. Birds, rabbits, squirl and on. Also me, I use them for coon, cats, gophers cans etc. Americas favorite plinker, especialy for kids.

Thats why:cheers:

You take the 22 and I'll take the 223 or the AK-47. When the $hit hits the fan we will see who comes out on top. :)

It has been about a year now since the thread started. Are you guy's seeing more 22 ammo? It is still tough around here. Every once in a while somebody has some. It is just too easy to shoot 250-500 rounds when we go out to plink around.

It has been about a year now since the thread started. Are you guy's seeing more 22 ammo? It is still tough around here. Every once in a while somebody has some. It is just too easy to shoot 250-500 rounds when we go out to plink around.

I'm still not seeing .22 ammo and when I do some jackhole wants 4x what it should cost. Glad I got rid of most of the vermin(meow) around my place before the ammo got scarce.

Back