2022/2023 PHEASANT Hunting Videos

Absolutely, I think it’s the only way to do it. It wasn’t too bad, definitely fell a couple times, but I think it was the better than plain old boots.
Never worn snowshoes...can you tell us about the type/style you wear? Thanks!

Last edited:
MB1724 nice job. Also being from WI I appreciate you "Just Doing It" in SD late season. Good for you. I'm a fan of snowshoes when merited, but then again I have chicken legs and need all the help I can get. Thanks for sharing video.

Nice job Brent! You guys are a great team and you are the king of finding good public ground.
Thanks Joel. I've hunted in this area a long time, which helps. I do fairly well until the object is for someone ELSE to shoot pheasants.;)
I probably shouldn't even say this, but that sloughy I spot I took you, where I thought we'd at least get some shots? That's been my most productive spot this season. Pheasant numbers appeared to be up significantly this year in that little part of the state.

For any of you with the opportunity, maybe this'll get you psyched up for one last weekend of pheasant hunting in SD.
Then again, I wouldn't hold it against you if it prompted you to stay home, with your dog, next to a fireplace.

Enjoyed the video, as usual. Had to be tough going in the deep snow - could hear the heavy breathing as you negotiated through the stuff!

For any of you with the opportunity, maybe this'll get you psyched up for one last weekend of pheasant hunting in SD.
Then again, I wouldn't hold it against you if it prompted you to stay home, with your dog, next to a fireplace.

Thanks for posting the video. I have to live vicariously since the snow there threw a wrench in my plans to get back there for a late-season hunt. Give the pup some extra treats for the hard work!

I have a few bones to pick with you Brent, first camera position was a little high on this video, kept trying to adjust to see what was in front of you as well as see Ace. Second, im calling the pheasant hunters association and ask you be tested for steroid use, no one should be able to run thru that cover like you did! Lastly, what the is fre.....i had the closed captioning on and i thought it should have been phre, then on the video i heard you correct to should have been pre.....i wasbtracking your thinking which is a bit scary......🤪🤣

What an awesome video in very tough conditions. Your shooting is very impressive too! Ace is becoming is a pheasant machine!

Looking forwrd to the closing season videos.!

I have a few bones to pick with you Brent, first camera position was a little high on this video, kept trying to adjust to see what was in front of you as well as see Ace. Second, im calling the pheasant hunters association and ask you be tested for steroid use, no one should be able to run thru that cover like you did! Lastly, what the is fre.....i had the closed captioning on and i thought it should have been phre, then on the video i heard you correct to should have been pre.....i wasbtracking your thinking which is a bit scary......🤪🤣

What an awesome video in very tough conditions. Your shooting is very impressive too! Ace is becoming is a pheasant machine!

Looking forwrd to the closing season videos.!
Thanks Miforester. Yeah, that dumb camera. Since then I've tipped it forward a bit. As for my steroid use, fast forward 3x speed does make me look pretty spry. But, as we know, the little brown & white dog is the star of our little show. I can't get enough.

Thanks Miforester. Yeah, that dumb camera. Since then I've tipped it forward a bit. As for my steroid use, fast forward 3x speed does make me look pretty spry. But, as we know, the little brown & white dog is the star of our little show. I can't get enough.
Ace is a stud and i give you mad props for humping thru that cover!

Tom

That retrieve was amazing. When that bird fluttered down I was like “nope, not a chance. that bird will hit Usain Bolt like speed and with all the birds in there and the scent it will shake loose from ol’ Ace.” Props to Ace and you.

That retrieve was amazing. When that bird fluttered down I was like “nope, not a chance. that bird will hit Usain Bolt like speed and with all the birds in there and the scent it will shake loose from ol’ Ace.” Props to Ace and you.
Thus my "darn it" (which was putting it nicely) & my elation when he dug it out of the snow only about 10-15 yds from where it came down. Our dogs are incredible. I can't get enough.

Thanks Joel. I've hunted in this area a long time, which helps. I do fairly well until the object is for someone ELSE to shoot pheasants.;)
I probably shouldn't even say this, but that sloughy I spot I took you, where I thought we'd at least get some shots? That's been my most productive spot this season. Pheasant numbers appeared to be up significantly this year in that little part of the state.
Even though I didn't get a bird in South Dakota that day, it is something I will remember the rest of my life. Thanks for showing me your honey hole!

Here's my latest. Kind of a shorty, but action packed!! :ROFLMAO:
It goes back to a gorgeous day in early December. I've seen so much snow lately, even in videos, struggling through drifted/snowed in cattails & trudging across frozen tundras, that it was kind of fun to re-live a beautiful day without it. Grass & weeds. Fencelines. Even some sun!

Back