2022/2023 PHEASANT Hunting Videos

I also liked the "Walk of Shame". Having to go back to get your dog! ;). This past summer I was so jacked up to get on the water to catch some walleyes I pulled out of the campsite and got to the bait shop which was about 1/4 mile away. I looked at my father-in-law and said "Where is Ellie?" We went back to the campsite and she was sitting right where the boat was parked with a WTH look.
I am not sure I could forget my dog. I get it we get excited but my problem would be forgetting boots or something like that.

Great video, kind of what we were in recently, we got some birds, but we really had to work. I don't see how sage knows a bird is down. I say dead bird. In Montana, they dont hang out in cattails, unless there is a storm, or danger.

Thank you gentlemen. I carry a check list in my bird hunting box and one for longer out of state trips. Forgot my waders once, water was cold too.
The weakest ink is more permanent than the strongest mind.
That's good.. I have a list also. But the older I get the more I forget! On a recent Grouse trip I lost my motel key.........twice! In my defense I was coming down with covid. It really does give you brain fog. Once my buddy and I went back to his house to clean birds and drink a few beers. The phone rang when I got home. My buddy said did you forget something? I had left my dog in his dogbox! That was before I got old.

Knowing yesterday would possibly be our last trip of the season, I put all three dogs down. It was probably the best dog work I've had all season. The dogs were working this bird from the time the footage starts. I adjusted my GoPro settings before this hunt. The shot appears to be a long one, in reality, it was probably under 30 yards.

Knowing yesterday would possibly be our last trip of the season, I put all three dogs down. It was probably the best dog work I've had all season. The dogs were working this bird from the time the footage starts. I adjusted my GoPro settings before this hunt. The shot appears to be a long one, in reality, it was probably under 30 yards.

Great stuff, Lefty!! Thanks for sharing. Really good ShotKam footage, too. Is that the 4th Generation?

Great stuff, Lefty!! Thanks for sharing. Really good ShotKam footage, too. Is that the 4th Generation?
Yes. I almost bout the 3rd gen, before the season started. I decided to hold off to see of they had a Black Friday sale. Before Black Friday they announced the 4th Gen. I really like it. I got two days in without charging the battery. I really like ot so far.

Here’s the first of three videos from our recent SD trip. One video per day, and a limit each day.
Nice video MB, those were some mighty big drifts. What kind of snowshoes were you using?

I bought these on Amazon for $70. Worked pretty well.. small enough to navigate the cattails, but big enough to not fall through EVERY drift. View attachment 5164
Thanks MB, those look pretty good. I'm not the smallest guy will look and see what there weight limit is......

Nice final videos MB, Larry and Marty did a very good job in tough conditions.

Back