2022/2023 PHEASANT Hunting Videos

Double triggers were never a problem for me,actually prefer them except in really cold weather when I have to wear heavy gloves. I switch back and forth between my double trigger SxS, my semi auto and my OU with no problem.

In my older guns, I prefer to shoot RST loads. They are wicked on pheasants and easy on the old wood stocks.

This gem is from 1874-1885. It was rebarreled in 1962, but everything else is original. Thomas W. Perkes had a bunch of patents as a gunmaker and outworker, but only made a few guns in his own name.
English stock old school.

Haven't been able to make a video in awhile, but I finally got one. Here it is.

Thanks a lot, I was wondering what happened but remembered you'd mentioned needing to find new software. I really like the cattails, perfect height and density to hold birds and yet still allow hunting. And always nice to see Ace out and about putting up birds. Hopefully you get out a few more times this season.

What software did you end up with?
Shotcut. So far it seems pretty user friendly. I also have somewhat old, not very powerful laptops that don't handle high-resolution (4k) editing well at all, so I learned how to edit in Shotcut using "proxy files" & then export back to a 4k video. Seems to work real well, & once a non-techy guy like me has a rudimentary understanding of it, it seems fairly straightforward.

The closest thing to being out hunting. Thanks for sharing. I skipped the Christmas weekend but should be out the next 3 mornings with great (mild) temps!
You bet. Best of luck on safe and successful outings. Is this the final weekend for Iowa?

No, one more weekend, The season ends Jan 10th every year in Iowa. My buddy and I each got our 3 this morning. The dogs did well after almost a 2 week lay-off...I could have shot better though!

Thanks Jon. While I'd like to THINK I don't miss, I'm human & occasionally do. I just try not to include the misses on film. Golden Hour is NOT human & does NOT miss! (But dang, he goes through a lot of shells!) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Actually, here's a video I made last year DEDICATED to missing. It's my least favorite video. :ROFLMAO:

Here's my version of a hunt GH & I had w/ Ace & Sage about a month ago. He was really trigger happy & went way over his limit. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That was some fine shooting guys and great dog work! You have to give credit to that lucky piece of spaghettis as well! You might have started a new trend.

Thanks for posting that. I had a two hr stretch of the most epic missing I have ever had back in December. I think I was 0-4 on some layups. Then I start thinking about it and it gets worse.
I don't have those days as often as I once did, which I think makes them more frustrating when they DO occur. So painful. A few years back, I had 2 identical layups in about 20 seconds from the same clump of matted over grass. Blew 4 holes in the sky & didn't draw a feather. I honestly almost threw my gun in a snow bank & left it there.:ROFLMAO:

Back