High Plains Drought Monitor 2012

Yeah, that's why in the past few years I have not duck hunted as much or at all for that matter. If there is any public land with water then there are hunters everywhere, skybusting, shooting over your dekes, just plain unsafe.

Or you have to pay $$$ for a private duck lease or club.

Greg

high_plains_dm-1_zps388a6081.png

Any rain now is probabally to late to add much growth so as to put on any more new growth going into winter? Guess growing season is over or all but over in Co? Could be a tough winter on both the big and small game.

subsoil moisture is the key, 4-8 inches of rain over the next 2-3 months would set things up well for next spring........of course so would a winning loto ticket!:thumbsup:

Any rain now is probabally to late to add much growth so as to put on any more new growth going into winter? Guess growing season is over or all but over in Co? Could be a tough winter on both the big and small game.

Yes m77, Its to late for new growth, but its not late for much needed moisture. :)

Not looking good, may have to go back home (Montana) and hunt on the farm for 3 days to even see any birds.

went out to my storage site to work on my overhead camper and it was really dark over the mountains, while I was there it shower a little bit , nothing to talk about though, it cleared up than about 10 minutes ago at 4:20 pm it started thundering and started raining pretty hard, for about 2 minutes and than it quit.
Can't get a break :(

49.2 degrees and raining all morning here!! Thunderstorms last eve, but not a lot of rain fell here! Snow up higher!!

That severe weather alert that I saw particually for western Colorado mid week just all of a suddenly disappeared? Did anything fall?

I just talked to a friends wife who told me my friend who was at a meeing in Telleride had to leave early due to it snowing pretty good there. Any one know anymore about the area.
I guess that is good news for the ski areas and skiers.

Most everyone Already knows how bad it is out there!!

high_plains_dm-20_zpsfdf028b3.png

I thought we might get some relief with the snow. I know my pheasant camp is in the D4 status.

Yet another climate extreme to manage to.

Odd thing is I planted winter wheat on 50 acres on east farm and 50 on west and the east stuff was coming up a few weeks ago after that snow came thru week 2 of pheasant season.

I am a new farrner starting out in a D4 status. should be all downhill from here:D

Back