High Plains Drought Monitor 2012

I remain in the D3 zone and ready for moisture to get me out of that classification.

We had more rain yesterday then we have had total all year!!! Today some more and is still raining!!!! Went up to Red Feather and was 55-57 degrees and rained all day and was still raining when I left at 9 pm and rained all the way home!! Saw the North edge of the High Park fire on my way up 74e and now all the rain is causing flooding. The Poudre river was chocolate milk and dead fish! I will take the rain though!!!!! Hope it gets spread around to everyone that needs it!!!!

We took the pups up by Nederland today, went about 300 yards down the trail, lightning turned us around. About 10 min later the rain started, then hail, more lightning, mud and rocks were flowing across the road along the peak to peak highway in spots. Went down Lefthand Canyon, rocks and boulders along the road from yesterday's rain. We had just enough time to eat an early dinner in Boulder before the heavy rain moved in. It has been raining here in Broomfield since we arrived home at 6:00PM, it is a nice, steady, soaking rain.

Glad you Colorado guys are getting some rain.

My late brother was friends with Bill at the Black Forest Inn in Nederland. I was with my brother a couple years ago and we dined on elk steaks there. They were very good.

Some potential for rain here. Hope it comes true.

In Evergreen it rained from yesterday afternoon through this morning, sweet. Hope it moved through pheasant country for the crops and our feathered friends.

high_plains_dm1-26.png

Any out-of-state hunters used to easy walking SD cornfields will need to try out new/other styles of hunting this year.

We are getting rain in the high country just about everyday for the last few weeks, sure is nice to see. We are not out of the woods yet, but this rain sure helps, hopefully it will keep coming and I promise not to bitch too much about the wet stuff at least not for another four or five weeks :)

Maynard, as you know the only thing better that Hunting Elk is............ Eating Elk :) Hope you recover for next year.

Maynard, as you know the only thing better that Hunting Elk is............ Eating Elk :) Hope you recover for next year.

Since I am not going to be able to handle the rigors of a Rocky Mountain elk hunt until I get my ankle replaced my hope to dine on some fine elk could happen if one of these flat land elk cruise through the Byrd Ranch during season. I have had my Kansas elk tag the last few years, but the elk have not cooperated. Some nice bulls taken within miles of me, but not here yet. It is possible that this old hunter could take an elk from the porch. My ankle could certainly handle that.

Back