Winchester 101 Problem

BritChaser

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Cut the finger off...LOL

I haven't ever seen a trigger guard finger protector of any kind

Get rid of that gun FAST, it is more trouble than it is worth, I will forward my shipping information to you so I can give that gun a proper disposal:thumbsup:

Something seems funny. The 101 trigger guard is about like most others, not particularly unusual. Could yours be bent somehow? Even if not bent, a gunsmith might be able to reshape it for you.

Galazan used to sell a protector that was rubber and held on with a clip around the back of the trigger guard. I tried one and it did not work for me. I dont know if they still sell it or not.

You might look into having the trigger moved to the rear of the trigger guard. I think the problem is more due to trigger position than the shape of the guard.

I have the same problem with various guns. I don't think it's the 101 that's the issue. I have relatively small hands and I think that is what causes the problem more than anything. I also notice that shooting heavy loads makes it worse. I once had a Browning BSS 12 ga. that just whacked the heck out of my middle finger. It got so sore I hated to pull the trigger. I sold the gun. But I still feel it with some of my other guns too.

Cut a piece of 1/8 inch weather strip and stick it to the backside of the guard. If that's not enough use 1/4". Obviously not a cosmetic fix but done right it will be barely noticable and will work.

Great Tip!

Cut a piece of 1/8 inch weather strip and stick it to the backside of the guard. If that's not enough use 1/4". Obviously not a cosmetic fix but done right it will be barely noticable and will work.

Thanks for the great idea. I'm off to the hardware store NOW. I was trying to think of some source for a piece of fairly soft rubber and you nailed it. Thanks again.

Good Points

I have the same problem with various guns. I don't think it's the 101 that's the issue. I have relatively small hands and I think that is what causes the problem more than anything. I also notice that shooting heavy loads makes it worse. I once had a Browning BSS 12 ga. that just whacked the heck out of my middle finger. It got so sore I hated to pull the trigger. I sold the gun. But I still feel it with some of my other guns too.

I think the 101's stock is skinnier in the pistol than my other gun and the back of the trigger guard is about 90 degrees to the grip at that point; should be at an acute angle to the grip so as not to whack my middle finger. I do have large size hands.

Back